Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • miguelangel
    Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 16

    #1

    Basic problem while using BWA

    I have other recent post asking for the convenience of using BWA-SW for some kind of database.

    While I am waiting for your great help, I tried to get into the algorithm. But I have not be able.

    I work with mac, and I was trying to work BWA in the terminal window.
    First, I unzipped the .tar file that I have downloaded from the BWA webpage and copy all its content to a folder.
    Then, I opened 'Terminal' and in the prompt I got into that folder. Once there, I wrote the following:

    bwa index -p unite -a bwtsw -c unite.fungal.fasta

    And after that a message appeared, saying:

    -bash: bwa: command not found


    What am I doing wrong??

    Thanks
  • TabeaK
    Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 48

    #2
    If I am not mistaken (been a while since I installed BWA); you have to compile it first.

    Try typing make while being in the bwa directory.

    And if you are working on mac; you may wanna read this: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24133
    Last edited by TabeaK; 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM.

    Comment

    • miguelangel
      Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 16

      #3
      Thanks a lot.

      I'll try what you say and read that page inmediatly and I'll write back then.

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      9 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      32 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      27 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...