• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RepeatModeler FastaDB::getSubstr error

My RepeatModeler run ended abruptly with this entry in the run.out file

Processing RECON family: 1234
    - Saving elements to a file...
    FastaDB::getSubstr - Error index out of bounds! (SeqID=gi|95483, offset=1, length=142 actualSeqLen=141)
    at /usr/local/RepeatModeler/RepeatModeler line 1523

RepeatModeler was on round 5, and was doing just fine processing RECON families until it got this this set. Has anyone found a solution to this error?

I'm using RepeatModeler 1.0.5 with RMBlast. The only changes I have made to the program are as described here http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24159, but those did not affect line 1523 or anything in the my $sequence = $batchDB->getSubstr( $seqName, $startOffset, $length ); command at that line, I think.

The RepeatMasker website has a patch for a similar error (FastaDB::substr - Error index out of bounds! at RepeatMasker line 4969), but it is for RepeatMasker's CrossmatchSearchEngine.pm module for Crossmatch. Can this patch also fix my RepeatModeler problem?

Hi,

Did you have any luck with this problem?

I have been experiencing it for some time, but the only way round it seems to be running RepeatModeler many many times until it finally (and seemingly randomly) works.

How can I make sure RepeatModeler works every time without erroring often?

Thanks,

Jom.

Comment

Hi,

Did you have any luck with this problem?

I have been experiencing it for some time, but the only way round it seems to be running RepeatModeler many many times until it finally (and seemingly randomly) works.

I should say the error I most recently saw (and I've seen this on a few occasions) was:

FastaDB::getSubstr - Error index out of bounds! (SeqID=gi|104228, offset=1865, length=60 actualSeqLen=1920) at /usr/users/celldev/cockerj/repeatmodeler2/RepeatModeler/RepeatModeler line 1624

I've also seen:

Program duration is 1271.0 sec = 21.2 min = 0.4 hr eleredef failed. Exit code 11

Now I know eleredef is something to do with RECON but really I don't what these errors mean. With the same input files and options sometimes RepeatModeler works and sometimes it doesn't.

How can I make sure RepeatModeler works every time without erroring often?

Thanks,

Jom.

Comment

I have the same exact issue during round 5

Processing RECON family: 21802
        - Saving elements to a file...
        FastaDB::getSubstr - Error index out of bounds! (SeqID=gi|4517, offset=2237, length=327 actualSeqLen=2547)
        at /programs/RepeatModeler/RepeatModeler line 1974.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses