Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jetse
    Member
    • Nov 2012
    • 38

    #1

    Using DEXSeq with bam files

    Hello everyone,

    I'm working with the programming language R and want to use DEXSeq.
    First I executed tophat on my reads to map them against a human reference genome.
    In R I created a function to load the bam file of tophat:
    Code:
    getCounts <- function( alignmentName, run, tx ){
      fileName <- paste( "/pathToDir/", alignmentName, "/", alignmentName, "run", run, ".merged.bam", sep="" ) #my directory structure
      alignment <- readBamGappedAlignments( fileName )
      newReadNames <- gsub( "([0-9(MT|X|Y)])" , "chr\\1" , rname( alignment ) )
      alignment <- GRanges( seqnames = newReadNames, ranges = IRanges( start = start( alignment ),													   end=end(alignment)), 														   strand=strand(alignment))
      alignmentCounts <- suppressWarnings( countOverlaps( tx,alignment ) )
      return( alignmentcounts )
    }
    I call this function for each replicate and this gives me a dataset with raw counts. These raw counts I get with these code:
    Code:
    txdb <- makeTranscriptDbFromUCSC( genome='hg19', tablename='ensGene' )
    tx_by_exon <- transcriptsBy( txdb, 'exon' )
    tx_by_gene <- transcriptsBy( txdb, 'gene')
    pos1_1 <- getCounts( "pos", 1, tx_by_exon)
    pos1_2 <- getCounts( "pos", 2, tx_by_exon)
    neg1_1 <- getCounts( "neg", 1, tx_by_exon)
    neg1_2 <- getCounts( "neg", 2, tx_by_exon)
    Then I create a dataframe with all counts:
    Code:
    allCounts <- data.frame( pos1_1 = pos1_1, pos1_2 = pos1_2, neg1_1 = neg1_1, neg1_2 = neg1_2, )
    And a dataframe to describe the design:
    Code:
    design <- data.frame(
    		row.names = colnames(allCounts),
    		condition = c( "pos", "pos", "neg", "neg" ),
    		libType = c( "paired-end", "paired-end", "paired-end", "paired-end"))
    And now I stuck...
    To create a exonCountset, I want to use this function:
    Code:
    data <- newExonCountSet(allCounts, design, ?,rownames(allCounts))
    My question is, how do I get the gene IDs of these counts?
    And another question I have is whether it is possible to use the tx_name instead of the tx_id.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
0 responses
11 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...