Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTSeq: union or intersection-empty or intersection-strict

While running HTSeq, which option is recommended to use among -m union, -m intersection-empty, and -m intersection-strict?

The below is one of the results I've got. Would you please give me a tip about with which data I will have to analyze in the next step? I am thinking of adopting DESeq or EdgeR.

CASE1: -m union
    no_feature 4152
    ambiguous 391
    too_low_aQual 0
    not_aligned 0
    alignment_not_unique 4110

CASE2: -m intersectioin-nonempty
    no_feature 4223
    ambiguous 249
    too_low_aQual 0
    not_aligned 0

CASE3: -m intersection-strict
    no_feature 7797
    ambiguous 221
    too_low_aQual 0
    not_aligned 0

I haven't used anything else than "union" since long, and, admittedly, I would find it hard to now come up with good examples where the intersection modes would be preferable in practice. (When I wrote htseq-count two years ago, that was not so clear yet, of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
      I haven't used anything else than "union" since long, and, admittedly, I would find it hard to now come up with good examples where the intersection modes would be preferable in practice. (When I wrote htseq-count two years ago, that was not so clear yet, of course.)
      Thank you!

I have one more question.
      An option "-s no" seems more conservative, since this means the strandedness is not certain. (Is this right?)

Then, when the truth is "-s no", what if is "-s yes" chosen in running htseq-count?
      Also, when the truth is "-s yes", what if is "-s no" chosen in running htseq-count?
      What are expected results? How much would the result be biased?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
        by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
        05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
      • seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:35 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 02:46 PM
      0 responses