Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farhat View Post
    Is there a program to convert a Fasta file to an Ace assembly file? While googling I came across references to fasta2ace.pl but no program itself.

Thanks.
    Hi farhat,

I wanna know ,how to extract contig file ,I am running velvet algorithm , i got .afg format, that i have viewed in hawkeye .,and i wanna extract specific contig .can you help me on that, ??? it would be wonder if i get the positive reply from you

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Torst View Post
      Can you be a bit more precise on what you require?
      A FASTA file is just a bunch of sequences with an ID and a description.
      What form do you want the ACE file to take?
      Hi torst,

I am having the doubt in denovo assembly, shall i ask?

Comment

Originally posted by sundar View Post
        Hi farhat,
        I wanna know ,how to extract contig file ,I am running velvet algorithm , i got .afg format, that i have viewed in hawkeye .,and i wanna extract specific contig .can you help me on that, ??? it would be wonder if i get the positive reply from you
        thanks
        Velvet produces a file called "contigs.fa" with all the contigs. Just cut+paste the contig you want out of that file.

Comment

need to view the extract conig file

Hi all, i can extract the best contig file by using a perl program .but i wanna view the extracted contig file.

Need help

Comment

Originally posted by sundar View Post
            Hi all, i can extract the best contig file by using a perl program .but i wanna view the extracted contig file.
            Please clarify. What do you mean by "view" ? Just open it with a text editor?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Addressing Off-Target Effects in CRISPR Technologies
              by seqadmin

The first FDA-approved CRISPR-based therapy marked the transition of therapeutic gene editing from a dream to reality1. CRISPR technologies have streamlined gene editing, and CRISPR screens have become an important approach for identifying genes involved in disease processes2. This technique introduces targeted mutations across numerous genes, enabling large-scale identification of gene functions, interactions, and pathways3. Identifying the full range...
              08-27-2024, 04:44 AM
            • seqadmin
              Selecting and Optimizing mRNA Library Preparations
              by seqadmin

Sequencing mRNA provides a snapshot of cellular activity, allowing researchers to study the dynamics of cellular processes, compare gene expression across different tissue types, and gain insights into the mechanisms of complex diseases. “mRNA’s central role in the dogma of molecular biology makes it a logical and relevant focus for transcriptomic studies,” stated Sebastian Aguilar Pierlé, Ph.D., Application Development Lead at Inorevia. “One of the major hurdles for...
              08-07-2024, 12:11 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 08-27-2024, 04:40 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 08-22-2024, 05:00 AM
            0 responses