Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • arkanion
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
    1. No, change the gene ID from, say, "Medtr7g090810" to "Medtr7g090810+" and "Medtr7g090810-", depending on strand. This is assuming that you know a scripting language. I wouldn't want to do that manually.

    Where did you get this strange GTF file from, anyway? Having the same gene name on both strands is a bug.

    2. No, why?

    I have the same problem. If you search UCSC Genome Browser for the gene for ex; HIST2H3C, you will see 2 genes appearing, one on + and on one - strand. dexseq cannot deal with this, but this situation actually happens in reality for those who use gtf file downloaded from UCSC track.

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    2. Sure, if it's this way round, you need to change the CDS lines to exon lines.

    Leave a comment:


  • syintel87
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
    1. No, change the gene ID from, say, "Medtr7g090810" to "Medtr7g090810+" and "Medtr7g090810-", depending on strand. This is assuming that you know a scripting language. I wouldn't want to do that manually.

    Where did you get this strange GTF file from, anyway? Having the same gene name on both strands is a bug.

    2. No, why?
    1. Thank you. I'll try that. I obtained these gtf files from a member of my project group.

    2. If Mhapla.gtf only has CDS but dexseq_prepare.py only looks at "exon" lines and ignored "CDS" lines, the output might have no line at all, I guess.

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    1. No, change the gene ID from, say, "Medtr7g090810" to "Medtr7g090810+" and "Medtr7g090810-", depending on strand. This is assuming that you know a scripting language. I wouldn't want to do that manually.

    Where did you get this strange GTF file from, anyway? Having the same gene name on both strands is a bug.

    2. No, why?

    Leave a comment:


  • syintel87
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
    No, yopu cannot change from gene ID to transcript ID, because there may be many genes with several overlapping transcripts, and they won't be handled correctly anymore.

    You really should fix your GTF file: Wherever the same gene ID is used for features on different strands, add something to the gene ID. If this is complicated, just add a "+" or "-" to all gene IDs.

    BTW, dexseq_prepare only looks at "exon" lines and ignored "CDS" lines
    1.
    So, you mean I will have to replace each +/- into + ?
    (Alternatively, replace each +/- into -).

    2.
    In my Mhapla.gtf file, it has only exon. So do I need to fix my gtf file by replaceing CDS with exon?

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    No, yopu cannot change from gene ID to transcript ID, because there may be many genes with several overlapping transcripts, and they won't be handled correctly anymore.

    You really should fix your GTF file: Wherever the same gene ID is used for features on different strands, add something to the gene ID. If this is complicated, just add a "+" or "-" to all gene IDs.

    BTW, dexseq_prepare only looks at "exon" lines and ignored "CDS" lines

    Leave a comment:


  • syintel87
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
    It seems HTSeq got confused because the same gene occurs on both the "+" and the "-_ strand.
    This is the attachment.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • syintel87
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
    It seems HTSeq got confused because the same gene occurs on both the "+" and the "-_ strand.
    1. So, annotation file has to be fixed??

    2. When I have just made small changes on the "dexseq_prepare_annotation.py", it worked.

    exons = HTSeq.GenomicArrayOfSets( "auto", stranded=True )
    for f in HTSeq.GFF_Reader( gtf_file ):
    if f.type != "exon":
    continue
    f.attr['transcript_id'] = f.attr['transcript_id'].replace( ":", "_" )
    exons[f.iv] += ( f.attr['transcript_id'], f.attr['transcript_id'] )

    But, seeing the original gtf file, since there are both exon and CDS, I am not sure whether this code is okay for my gtf file or not.

    3. I have another gtf file. For this, I also made a small change. And it worked.

    exons = HTSeq.GenomicArrayOfSets( "auto", stranded=True )
    for f in HTSeq.GFF_Reader( gtf_file ):
    if f.type != "CDS":
    continue
    f.attr['transcript_id'] = f.attr['transcript_id'].replace( ":", "_" )
    CDS[f.iv] += ( f.attr['transcript_id'], f.attr['transcript_id'] )

    But, I am not sure whether this code is okay or not.

    4. Do you think the codes that I have modified would be okay?
    The attached file is about original gtf and dexseq_prepare_annotation.py and output gtf.

    Thank you very much!

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    It seems HTSeq got confused because the same gene occurs on both the "+" and the "-_ strand.

    Leave a comment:


  • syintel87
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Anders View Post
    Could you grep for 'Medtr7g090810' in you GTF file and post the lines containing the term?
    The attached file includes the part of 'Medtr7g090810'.
    Thank you for sparing your precious time.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon Anders
    replied
    Could you grep for 'Medtr7g090810' in you GTF file and post the lines containing the term?

    Leave a comment:


  • [DEXSeq] prepare_annotation.py: exonic part starts too early!

    When I tried the command below,

    "python dexseq_prepare_annotation.py Mt.gtf Mt_dexseq.gtf"

    an error occurs, saying that "AssertionError: <GenomicFeature: exonic_part 'Medtr7g090810' at Mt:3458:Mt3.5.1Chr7: 28524762 -> 28523495 (strand '-') > starts too early"

    So, would you please give me a tip about how I will be able to fix this error?
    Thank you.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
22 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
33 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
50 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...