Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dvanic
    Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 61

    #1

    Cuffdiff time series with biological replicates

    Hi! Sorry if this is a silly question, but when doing a time series comparison in cufflinks how do I specify that I have three replicates for each time point?

    Instructs Cuffdiff to analyze the provided samples as a time series, rather than testing for differences between all pairs of samples. Samples should be provided in increasing time order at the command line (e.g first time point SAM, second timepoint SAM, etc.)
    I have
    -T first, first, first, second, second, second, third, third, third

    How do I make sure cuffdiff understands this and calculates the variance accordingly?

    Thanks in advance!
  • upper
    Member
    • May 2010
    • 10

    #2
    I have the sam question,how command write?

    Comment

    • Dario1984
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 166

      #3
      I also thought about this design when I read the documentation. The option description could be more explicit. My impression is that it can't handle replicates in a time series design.

      Comment

      • dvanic
        Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 61

        #4
        Uggh. Yet another reason not to use cufflinks... but nothing quite tries to do what it does...

        Comment

        • sBeier
          Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 41

          #5
          I am not sure from your example, so I am asking this. Intuitively I would have tried the same like with the normal input:
          -T A1,A2,A3 B1,B2,B3 C1,C2,C3
          Meaning, separating samples with spaces, replicates with comma (and without space after the comma).

          Comment

          • glados
            Member
            • Mar 2012
            • 59

            #6
            Wondering this as well.

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            11 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            34 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            28 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            48 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...