Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • adrian
    Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 90

    #1

    cuffdiff - replicate samples

    Hi:

    I have 3 replicates and 4 different samples.

    Sample type 1: a1,a2,a3
    Sample type 2: b1,b2,b3
    Sample type 3: c1,c2,c3
    Sample type 4: d1,d2,d3

    In Cuffdiff, I supplied all samples and replicates as a list:
    a1.bam, a2.bam,a3.bam b1.bam,b2.bam,b3.bam ...

    In cuffdiff result, I do not have significant genes.

    I want to run two sample type at once . For example comparing a vs. b
    a vs. c, a vs. d etc.,

    a1.bam, a2.bam,a3.bam b1.bam,b2.bam,b3.bam only.

    Will there be any difference in the result. For instance will I loose any power by not giving all samples at once. Is cuffdiff doing some kind of approximation over all samples and then fitting FPKM over two samples.

    I appreciate your expert input.

    Thanks.

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
0 responses
12 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
35 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...