Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • yzzhang
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 67

    #1

    RepeatScout make error

    Hi, everyone. Now I get a assembled genome and I want to build a de novo repeat library using Repeatmodeler. However when I tried to install RepeatScoutV1.05, I typed make, but got warnnings,

    zhang@localhost RepeatScout-1]$ make
    cc -O3 -Wall -c build_repeat_families.c -o build_repeat_families.o
    build_repeat_families.c: In function âmainâ:
    build_repeat_families.c:137: warning: value computed is not used
    build_repeat_families.c:161: warning: value computed is not used
    cc -O3 -Wall -c cmd_line_opts.c -o cmd_line_opts.o
    cc -O3 -Wall -c version.c -o version.o
    cc build_repeat_families.o cmd_line_opts.o version.o -o RepeatScout -lm
    cc -O3 -Wall -c build_lmer_table.c -o build_lmer_table.o
    build_lmer_table.c: In function âmainâ:
    build_lmer_table.c:85: warning: value computed is not used
    cc build_lmer_table.o cmd_line_opts.o version.o -o build_lmer_table -lm


    then this software did not work for me. Has some one face the same problem? How do you fix it? BTW, my computer system is redhat 5.
    Many Thanks.
    yun
  • suryasaha
    Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 27

    #2
    Do you have the RepeatScout executable in the directory? If yes, try to run it using
    Code:
    ./RepeatScout

    Comment

    • yzzhang
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 67

      #3
      Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I can see the RepeatScout executable, but when I tried to run it with the sample data, I got the error:
      [zhang@localhost RepeatScout-1]$ ./RepeatScout -sequence human3M.fa -freq human3M.freq -output test
      Program duration is 64.0 sec = 1.1 min = 0.0 hr

      so there may be some errors when the make command run. Still hope help me fix this problem. Thanks.
      [
      QUOTE=suryasaha;97840]Do you have the RepeatScout executable in the directory? If yes, try to run it using
      Code:
      ./RepeatScout
      [/QUOTE]

      Comment

      • suryasaha
        Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 27

        #4
        What is the exact error message? I presume you are following the instructions in the README file.

        Comment

        • yzzhang
          Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 67

          #5
          After I input the command ./RepeatScout -sequence human3M.fa -freq human3M.freq -output test

          one minute later, there was a error showed,
          Program duration is 64.0 sec = 1.1 min = 0.0 hr, no other information showed, could I find more information about the error from some file? I think the software was not complied correctly, right? Thank you.

          Comment

          • suryasaha
            Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 27

            #6
            Can you please list all the commands you have used (in order)? Thanks

            Comment

            • yzzhang
              Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 67

              #7
              actually, the first step build_lmer_table -l 14 -sequence human3M.fa -freq test.freq works.
              then RepeatScout -sequence human3M.fasta -output test1 -freq test.freq -l 14 failed.

              Comment

              • suryasaha
                Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 27

                #8
                Try running this command and report the complete output
                Code:
                RepeatScout -sequence human3M.fa -output test1 -freq test.freq -l 14 -vvvv
                The Fasta file name was incorrect. Is that what you used?

                Comment

                • yzzhang
                  Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 67

                  #9
                  sorry, i typed the wrong name of human3M.fa. but added -vvvv it worked. Why added -vvvv it worked?
                  Actually, I used RepeatScout working for RepeatModeler to search for repeats denovo, I saw the RepeatMolder log, it said no models returned. "Program duration is 1071.0 sec = 17.9 min = 0.3 hr NOTE: RepeatScout did not return any models."
                  It is abnormal, do you know why? Many thanks.

                  Comment

                  • suryasaha
                    Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 27

                    #10
                    The -vvvv is just verbose mode to make it print status messages. RepeatScout does find 165 repetitive sequences in the human3M set for me. They should be in the test1 file. I don't know how RepeatModeler interprets RepeatScout output, though.

                    Comment

                    • yzzhang
                      Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 67

                      #11
                      Thank, suryasaha. I will try to use repeatscout directly for my assembly to see if the result is same as RepeatMoldeler log says. Many Thanks.

                      Comment

                      • priyanka_15
                        Member
                        • May 2015
                        • 17

                        #12
                        Hi I am trying to run REpeatscout and when I reach to first filter stage it gives me error :
                        sh: 1: trf: not found
                        No such file or directory at ./filter-stage-1.prl line 110.

                        Comment

                        • suryasaha
                          Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 27

                          #13
                          You don't have trf in your $PATH. Get it from here and put in your bin directory.

                          /home/your_username/bin

                          Comment

                          • priyanka_15
                            Member
                            • May 2015
                            • 17

                            #14
                            Hello I did tried to put trf on my path but still it gives me the same error ..

                            CAn you suggest anything else ? I have attached a picture showing this
                            Attached Files

                            Comment

                            • suryasaha
                              Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 27

                              #15
                              It looks like you did not export $PATH. Please make sure trf shows up on the command line before you run RepeatScout.

                              Comment

                              Latest Articles

                              Collapse

                              • SEQadmin2
                                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                                by SEQadmin2


                                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                                ...
                                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                              • SEQadmin2
                                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                                by SEQadmin2




                                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                              ad_right_rmr

                              Collapse

                              News

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                              0 responses
                              7 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post SEQadmin2  
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                              0 responses
                              31 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post SEQadmin2  
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                              0 responses
                              26 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post SEQadmin2  
                              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                              1 response
                              46 views
                              0 reactions
                              Last Post pekgio
                              by pekgio
                               
                              Working...