No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GATK BaseRecalibrator error message

Hi all,
    I am trying to run the BaseRecalibrator in GATK but got an error message of:

MESSAGE: SAM/BAM file SAMFileReader{test.sorted.bam} is malformed: The input .bam file contains reads with no platform information. First observed at read with name = 552_2035_733_F

I am assuming that this is telling me that I need the platform information to be contained in the read group (SOLiD sequencing in this case). I was under the impression that it is not necessary to have this information in the file, or am I mistaken by this? Should having this information really matter? Or am I missing some flag that should be added that will skip this.
    Thanks

Platform information is indeed required by GATK.

Since you're working with SOLiD data, be sure to have a look at the solid-specific arguments of the BaseRecalibrator.

Comment

Hi,

I am getting the same error:
      ERROR MESSAGE: SAM/BAM file SAMFileReader{*.bam} is malformed: The input .bam file contains reads with no platform information. First observed at read with name = HWI-ST565:24119R1ACXX:1:2106:16117:83155

This is illumina. How can I circumvent this error?

~Thanks!

Comment

You'll need to add the platform information to your read groups. You can use Picard tools' AddOrReplaceReadGroups (http://picard.sourceforge.net/comman...laceReadGroups) to reset the read group info.

Comment

Hi All

I am getting error in BaseRecalibrator step. I am using this command

java -Xmx8g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -R file.fa -I file_relgn.bam -knownSites snv.sorted.vcf -knownSites indels_sort.vcf -o file_recal.grp -plots file_recal.grp.pdf

I am getting error like this

##### ERROR MESSAGE: Argument with name 'plots' isn't defined.

Any help will be appreciated.
          Thanks in advance

Comment

There doesn't seem to be an option to produce a plot from BaseRecalibrator. What are you trying to plot?

Comment

I am trying to plot the graph before and after the baserecalibration.
              here is the doc

Comment

The 'empirical - reported quality' plots e.g. page 5? In the recal.grp file the data is available for this (RecalTable2, cols 2, 6) it should be trivial to plot in R.

Comment

Originally posted by amitbik View Post
                  Hi All

I am getting error in BaseRecalibrator step. I am using this command

java -Xmx8g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -R file.fa -I file_relgn.bam -knownSites snv.sorted.vcf -knownSites indels_sort.vcf -o file_recal.grp -plots file_recal.grp.pdf

I am getting error like this

##### ERROR MESSAGE: Argument with name 'plots' isn't defined.

Any help will be appreciated.
                  Thanks in advance
                  It's a "new" tool.

Comment

Thanks a lot bruce01 and Zaag

I think there is some problem in Rscript thats why it is showing error.
                    I did as mentioned in the link

But again i am getting error

##### ERROR MESSAGE: RScript exited with 1.

Comment

Do you have ggplot2 (Rlibrary)?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                      • seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                      0 responses