Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Caitriona McEvoy
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2014
    • 3

    #121
    Hi all,
    I am very new to r & DEseq2 but have been following the excellent vignette. I have encountered a problem though. I can create the object rld as per the command in the vignette, but when I try to run PCA as suggested I repeatedly encounter the following error:

    plotPCA(rld, intgroup=c("Fibrosis", "Sample.ID"))

    Error in (function (classes, fdef, mtable) :
    unable to find an inherited method for function ‘plotPCA’ for signature ‘"SummarizedExperiment"’
    I have also tried:
    plotPCA( DESeqTransform(rld ) )
    and get the following:
    Error in plotPCA(DESeqTransform(rld)) :
    error in evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function 'plotPCA': Error: could not find function "DESeqTransform"
    Can anyone advise?
    Caitriona

    Comment

    • dpryan
      Devon Ryan
      • Jul 2011
      • 3478

      #122
      How did you make "rld" and what version of DESeq2 are you using?

      Comment

      • Caitriona McEvoy
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2014
        • 3

        #123
        Thanks for replying. I am using DESeq2 1.6.3.
        First I made dds:
        dds <- DESeqDataSetFromMatrix(countData = countData,
        colData = colData,
        design = ~ Organ + Fibrosis)
        then:
        rld = rlog (dds)
        I went on to examine rld using: head(assay(rld)), and it is listed in my environment as a large SummarisedExperiment.
        Caitriona

        Comment

        • Michael Love
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2013
          • 333

          #124
          hi Caitriona

          It looks like you have a mix of out-of-date and new packages. These often generate conflicts. This can occur if you install Bioconductor packages using install.packages() rather than with biocLite().

          Try this:

          source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
          biocValid()

          Comment

          • Caitriona McEvoy
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2014
            • 3

            #125
            Hi Michael, Thank you for your reply. I installed packages as suggested, and it's working. Thanks! Caitriona

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Today, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            27 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            24 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            45 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
            1 response
            55 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...