Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lilach
    Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 20

    #1

    Error with the reference file for GATK DepthOfCoverage

    Hi,
    I am trying to use GATK DepthOfCoverage for chrX exome.
    I got the BAM files from the lab that ran the NGS and I don't have their human reference genome fasta file. So I tried to give my human genome fasta files as a reference, but I got the following error.
    Is there a way to overcome it without getting their fasta file? (which I'm not sure I can get in a short time and this is urgent).
    I need only to check only chrX reads, although it was aligned to the whole genome.

    Thanks!

    ##### ERROR MESSAGE: Input files reads and reference have incompatible contigs: Found contigs with the same name but different lengths:
    ##### ERROR contig reads = chrM / 16569
    ##### ERROR contig reference = chrM / 16571.
    ##### ERROR reads contigs = [chr1, chr2, chr3, chr4, chr5, chr6, chr7, chrX, chr8, chr9, chr10, chr11, chr12, chr13, chr14, chr15, chr16, chr17, chr18, chr20, chrY, chr19, chr22, chr21, chrM]
    ##### ERROR reference contigs = [chr1, chr2, chr3, chr4, chr5, chr6, chr7, chr8, chr9, chr10, chr11, chr12, chr13, chr14, chr15, chr16, chr17, chr18, chr19, chr20, chr21, chr22, chrX, chrY, chrM, chr1_gl000191_random, chr1_gl000192_random, chr4_ctg9_hap1, chr4_gl000193_random, chr4_gl000194_random, chr7_gl000195_random, chr8_gl000196_random, chr8_gl000197_random, chr9_gl000198_random, chr9_gl000199_random, chr9_gl000200_random, chr9_gl000201_random, chr11_gl000202_random, chr17_ctg5_hap1, chr17_gl000203_random, chr17_gl000204_random, chr17_gl000205_random, chr17_gl000206_random, chr18_gl000207_random, chr19_gl000208_random, chr19_gl000209_random, chr21_gl000210_random, chrUn_gl000211, chrUn_gl000212, chrUn_gl000213, chrUn_gl000214, chrUn_gl000215, chrUn_gl000216, chrUn_gl000217, chrUn_gl000218, chrUn_gl000219, chrUn_gl000220, chrUn_gl000221, chrUn_gl000222, chrUn_gl000223, chrUn_gl000224, chrUn_gl000225, chrUn_gl000226, chrUn_gl000227, chrUn_gl000228, chrUn_gl000229, chrUn_gl000230, chrUn_gl000231, chrUn_gl000232, chrUn_gl000233, chrUn_gl000234, chrUn_gl000235, chrUn_gl000236, chrUn_gl000237, chrUn_gl000238, chrUn_gl000239, chrUn_gl000240, chrUn_gl000241, chrUn_gl000242, chrUn_gl000243, chrUn_gl000244, chrUn_gl000245, chrUn_gl000246, chrUn_gl000247, chrUn_gl000248, chrUn_gl000249]
    ##### ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Zaag
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 112

    #2


    should do the trick

    Comment

    • Lilach
      Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 20

      #3
      Hi Zaan,
      Thank you for the answer, but as well as I know I should give the bam file as input to GATK DepthOfCoverage and not the vcf, since I want to know which targets were not covered (and targets can be highly covered but without variants).
      my Bam file is already sorted. I guess the problem is because its header is different than the fasta file header, becuase the supplier used a different fasta file as a reference.
      Is there any other idea?

      Comment

      • Lilach
        Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 20

        #4
        I can create a new reference human genome without chrM and the other contigs, only chr1-22. Is there a way to tell the GATK DepthOfCoverage to ignore chrM?

        Comment

        • Zaag
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 112

          #5
          No you have chrM in your reads, I would recommend you to download the hg19 reference (chromFa.tar.gz) from here:

          Comment

          • Lilach
            Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 20

            #6
            My reference genome is indeed from hg19 chromFa.tar.gz, and the chrM.fa file there is the 16571 version.

            I found a solution, and I'm writing it here for the community.
            The 16569 chrM fasta version can be downloaded from NCBI pubmed nucleotide: NC_012920

            I solved all other problems by cat a new reference file with only the chromosomes.

            Thank you, Zaag, for the help!

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Today, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            28 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            24 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            46 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
            1 response
            55 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...