Okay, so what can I do now? My gcc was already newest version.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
This kind of debugging may have to be done sitting in front of the computer. Do you have access to a local expert who can help?Originally posted by jmwhitha View PostOkay, so what can I do now? My gcc was already newest version.
I am surprised that you have run into so many problems with this.
Comment
-
I suspect the problem is in the read simulator, not bwa
We have had the same problem, getting the same results with bwa when using simulated reads. I suspect the problem you are having is with your read simulator, not bwa. Something in your simulated fastq files is not in the format that bwa expects.
Originally posted by jmwhitha View PostGood morning,
I am trying to map simulated reads generated from GemSIM to an index generated from a multi-fasta of the CLJU (bacteria) coding sequence from NCBI. I used these two commands and discovered there were no alignment lines in the SAM file, only header lines. Commands head and tail only returned lines starting with @, and grep -vnm1 '^@' returned nothing.
bwa-0.7.3a/bwa index -a is -p CLJU ./CLJUcoding.fasta
bwa-0.7.3a/bwa mem CLJU CLJUsimreadsCodeTrial.single.fastq > CLJUsimreadsCodeTrial.single.sam
Any suggestions?
Thanks and God bless,
Jason
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment