No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbler 2.7

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone installed Newbler 2.7 on Ubuntu 12.10. I succeeded in in reaching the installation process but the installation keeps failing. I am trying to install newbler on the amazon EC2 instance.

Can anyone tell me where the log file for the installation is found because it cannot be displayed using the installer.

Initially I had the error - could not execute rpm command

I installed rpm packages to run it but still the installation is failing.

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you.

Not sure about the log file, but there have been several threads in the 454 subforum discussing installation on Ubuntu. I would think you should be able to find the information you need in one of those threads. Here's a recent one: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25339

Comment

It would also help if you would post exactly what you have done and what the error message is.
      As ajthomas already stated there have been quite a few posts discussing these issue(s).

Comment

Hi, I managed to make it work but I could not use the installer. I compiled it in BIolinux 7 and then ran the compiled version on the server itself.

Hope it helps

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Why couldn't you use the installer and what have you compiled to run on your server?

Comment

Take a look here. The installer wouldn't work on Ubuntu for me, but the guys in this thread gave me a simple solution
            Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
              by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
              05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
            • seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
            0 responses