No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug for new ChIP-Seq Package and the Integrated Genome Browser

Hello Folks,

Wanted to point folks running chIP-seq analysis to http://sourceforge.net/projects/useq/ . Be sure to hit the 'Project Web Site' button for more information. It contains 25+ command line java applications for both low and high level analysis. We have developed several statistics to minimize false positives using control input data and assign confidence in the peaks via empirical FDRs, binomial p-values and q-values.

Also wanted to recommend folks check out the Integrated Genome Browser and it's use of DAS/2 for distributing public/ private chIP-seq data. It's the only viable solution I've so far encountered. See http://bioserver.hci.utah.edu/BioInf...p/Software:IGB .

-cheers, David

Re: Plug for new ChIP-Seq Package and the Integrated Genome Browser

Looks great! Quick question, does your platform support analysis for any organism with a sequenced genome? Or is it restricted to commonly used systems (human, mouse, etc...)?

Thanks!
    Lizzy
    Last edited by ewilbanks; 08-05-2009, 05:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

IGB has been in development for 10+ years and is one of the better genome browsers out there.

It supports many reference genomes through the DAS/2 protocol and there are several options for creating your own.

Ann Loraine's group at UNC has picked up spearheading its development after Affymetrix released it as open source.

Get the latest info and release from http://igb.bioviz.org/

In my opinion, IGB is the best browser for working with high throughput genomic datasets. We have adopted it for our Core facility and release all of our analysis (RNA-Seq, chIP-seq, SNP discovery, gene expression microarray...) using the public/ private Genoviz DAS/2 server.

Comment

Hi, Nix,

I downloaded USeq, but got java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError. My java version is 1.5.0_12. Can I recompile USeq to solve this problem? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks!

Sorry if my question was confusing, I was actually referring to your ChIPseq peak calling algorithm in the USeq package. Are there any species restrictions in terms of the genomes that can be used with this?

Thanks again!
          Lizzy

Comment

There are a couple classes that require java 1.6 for the GUI.jar to compile. You could delete these and make an attempt. The source is in the download. Otherwise, upgrade your java to 1.6.

As far as species restrictions, no, USeq is agnostic, there are several places where the apps want a species genome build name (e.g. H_sapiens_Mar_2006). This is inserted into the bar graph files and will instruct DAS aware browsers what genome to load the files into. Otherwise its not used.

-cheers, D

Comment

awesome thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses