Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a read's mate

I have a BWA alignment of reads to a small (50 kb) reference sequence. It is a transgenic sequence inserted into a host cell genome. I want to be able to locate the insert's position in the host cell genome. There are reads at the ends (pointing outwards) which have their pairs unmapped. These mates would presumably be in the flanking genomic sequence that I want to identify. Is there an easy way to get the unmapped mates? I suppose I could make a list of the reads and write a script to parse the original fastQ files, but I am hoping there is a tool already available for this (seemingly common) purpose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See this thread for the info you need: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12283

Comment

You could parse the .bam for unmapped reads whose mates mapped close to your boundaries in the correct orientation.

You could also align the fastqs to the 50kb genome and the host genome, then filter for reads that aligned to the host whose mates aligned to the insert. That's probably the best solution. You'd want the mapping position of the reads that aligned to host anyway, so this way you'd have them.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at the other thread and try your suggestions.

Comment

Covid-19

I am confused on the issue:

the service provider company provide AmpliSeq for Illumina On-Demand, Custom, and Community Panels. for COVID diagnostic, the library was prepared, the issue started @ sample sheet, manifest file - covid- successfully added, genome (we try our level best to integrate the genome file but no use, after creating multipath the genome was integrated in sample sheet and run started, output was 93.8=Q score, Cluster passing 96.7%, Cluster density 774K) but analysis failed (Sunday) till now we try all possible methods with illumina support but no use. initially RNA amplicon was downloaded and added in sample sheet, the sample sheet was headed by DNA amplicon (no use) & now PCR amplicon was added in sample sheet but same error. plz guide.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses