i have a fasta file containing all the virus genome which will affect cassava. i have transcript file also in fasta. in transcript file each transcript have 100 nucleotide length. I want to know whether these transcripts are inside the virus genom. any one help me pls?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
One relatively straight-forward way to attack this problem would be to make a combined fasta file for the viral genomes and cassava and then map the transcripts/transcript fragments against it. You can then get an idea how likely each fragment is to come from the host or virus. I assume that tophat or something like that would be an appropriate aligner, since presumably you have a mixture of host (i.e. spliced) and viral (I assume transcripts would be single exon, but I've only made viruses, not studied them) reads and not doing so might bias things.
I should note that I've never done what you're trying to do, but if no one replies with a better idea then this is enough to get you started.
-
doubt regarding tophat
can we put the two files as input in tophat.means that genome file in fasta and also the transcript file?Originally posted by dpryan View PostOne relatively straight-forward way to attack this problem would be to make a combined fasta file for the viral genomes and cassava and then map the transcripts/transcript fragments against it. You can then get an idea how likely each fragment is to come from the host or virus. I assume that tophat or something like that would be an appropriate aligner, since presumably you have a mixture of host (i.e. spliced) and viral (I assume transcripts would be single exon, but I've only made viruses, not studied them) reads and not doing so might bias things.
I should note that I've never done what you're trying to do, but if no one replies with a better idea then this is enough to get you started.
Comment
-
Sort of, I can read a few different meanings into what you wrote so I'll write some pseudo-commands just to ensure that my meaning is clear. Let us assume that your Cassava genome file is called "Cassava.fa" with an annotation file "Cassava.gtf", your virus genome file is called "Viruses.fa", and the transcripts whose origin you're interested in determining are in a file called "reads.fa". The work flow would then be something like the following:Originally posted by vijesh View Postcan we put the two files as input in tophat.means that genome file in fasta and also the transcript file?
You can then see which reads originated from which chromosome/contig or whichever virus by using samtools view on the resulting accepted_hits.bam file (you'll probably want to filter out reads that map equally to both Cassava and viral genomes, for which you'll probably have to write a program).Code:cat Cassava.fa Viruses.fa > CombinedGenome.fa bowtie2-build CombinedGenome.fa Combined tophat -G Cassava.gtf Combined reads.fa
It would be good to compare the results with and without using the GTF annotation, off-hand I'm not entirely sure how or if that might bias things.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 10-09-2026, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
12 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
10-09-2026, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
48 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
54 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment