Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • koustavpal
    Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 14

    #1

    Problem running TBA for MSA

    Hi,

    I have alignment data
    hg19.panTro3.maf
    hg19.gorGor3.maf
    hg19.ponAbe2.maf
    hg19.calJac3.maf
    panTro3.gorGor3.maf
    panTro3.ponAbe2.maf
    panTro3.calJac3.maf
    gorGor3.ponAbe2.maf
    gorGor3.calJac3.maf
    rheMac2.hg19.maf
    rheMac2.panTro3.maf
    rheMac2.gorGor3.maf
    rheMac2.ponAbe2.maf
    rheMac2.calJac3.maf

    yet when I run tba with the tree ((((((hg19 panTro3) gorGor3) ponAbe2)) rheMac2) calJac3) it returns error tba.v12 cannot find alignment for hg19 and panTro3 what is it that I am doing wrong? can anyone please explain
  • Wallysb01
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 286

    #2
    Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm having the same issue.

    Comment

    • martinjf
      Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 14

      #3
      same problem for me, if anyone could bet what our problem is I would greatly appreciate !

      Thanks.

      Comment

      • Wallysb01
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 286

        #4
        I'm not 100% this is working yet, but after continueing google things, I found this: http://redmine.soe.ucsc.edu/forum/in...609b8e1da196cb

        So, I ran roast instead like so:

        ~/tools/multiz-tba.012109/roast T=/data/walter/tmp E=A "((((A (B C) D) E)(F G))H)" *.*.sing.maf roast.maf

        From what I can tell with the tmp files, its doing what I want.

        Comment

        • cariboudoug
          Member
          • Oct 2013
          • 17

          #5
          Its possible that the file extension is causing you problems, as indicated by the "X" argument:

          X(0) utilize maf files with different suffix from differnt post processing.
          0: .sing.maf from single coverage pairwise alignment
          1: .toast.maf from full size toast
          2: .toast2.maf from reduced size toast

          You may want to try switching extension (or running single_cov2 on your files).

          Also make sure that the original fasta files used for the pairwise alignments are in your tba directory.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Today, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          27 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          24 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          45 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
          1 response
          55 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...