Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pari_89
    Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 55

    #1

    Assembling against a reference Tools

    Hi again Everyone,

    I need to assemble reads of Ion-Torrent data against a reference? Can you please suggest me tools that I can use to do so and possibly tell me how to evaluate the quality of assembling against a reference.

    I have Newbler already installed on the cloud? does newbler assemble against a reference. What is its ouputs and how to compare between different reference assembly tools

    I do not need aligners(Bowtie etc...) but reference-assemblers or is there any difference between that?

    Thank you

    Kind Regards

    Parinita.
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    Something like this? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3562798/

    Source available here: http://bioen-compbio.bioen.illinois.edu/RACA/

    Comment

    • pari_89
      Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 55

      #3
      Thanks but I am looking for something like CLCworkbench option - map reads against a reference. A set of reads that mapped or did not. But I will try looking in RACA as well. I am working with bacterial genomes.

      Comment

      • krobison
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 734

        #4
        MIRA will assemble against a reference

        Comment

        • pari_89
          Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 55

          #5
          Originally posted by krobison View Post
          MIRA will assemble against a reference
          Hi, I have CLCworkbench,mira and trying out runMapper of newbler. I do not know whether it assembles though.


          Thanks again

          Cheers

          Parinita

          Comment

          • mastal
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 666

            #6
            Assembling against a reference Tools

            If you are running newbler from the command line, the command for running assemblies is 'runAssembly'.

            Comment

            • pari_89
              Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 55

              #7
              Originally posted by mastal View Post
              If you are running newbler from the command line, the command for running assemblies is 'runAssembly'.
              Yes, I ran the runAssembly command, but this is for de-novo assembly. I want to assemble reads against a reference.

              Thank you

              Kind Regards

              Parinita

              Comment

              • sabiha
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2014
                • 4

                #8
                Hii,,

                Did any one run RACA ? if so can you help me out in running it?

                Comment

                • GenoMax
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 7142

                  #9
                  Originally posted by sabiha View Post
                  Hii,,

                  Did any one run RACA ? if so can you help me out in running it?
                  You will have to be more specific. Are you getting an error?

                  Comment

                  Latest Articles

                  Collapse

                  • SEQadmin2
                    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                    by SEQadmin2


                    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                    ...
                    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                  • SEQadmin2
                    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                    by SEQadmin2




                    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                  ad_right_rmr

                  Collapse

                  News

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                  0 responses
                  28 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post SEQadmin2  
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                  0 responses
                  24 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post SEQadmin2  
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                  1 response
                  46 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post pekgio
                  by pekgio
                   
                  Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
                  1 response
                  55 views
                  0 reactions
                  Last Post pekgio
                  by pekgio
                   
                  Working...