No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check the indexed database with makeblastdb

Hi all,
    as I wrote in the title, I would like to know if there's a way to check the consistency of an indexed database once I used makeblastdb.

thanks you all

Angelo

How to check the indexed database with makeblastdb

Have a look at the blast manual.

You can use 'blastdbcmd -info' (see the syntax in the manual) to check if your database was created properly, and you can use other options with the blastdbcmd command to check that blast knows where to look for your database.

Comment

I seen that actually, using this command, I can get the informations about the database.

blastdbcmd -db hs_chr -info

No other description is written on the manual and in the blastdbcm -help I found that this options is the only one that can give me an useful information about.

What if the indexed database is not consistent..? No informations will be displayed?
      Since I'm working with PERL I wanted to add a control about an automatically indexed db, this is the reason why I'm searching for this kind of command.

Comment

[solved]

I think that I can do this.
        I seen that blastdbcmd gives a result when the indexed file is well done. Otherwise it will give an error like the normal BLAST programs

BLAST Database error: No alias or index file found for nucleotide database [name.fasta] in search path [/home/test::]

and it will not create the output file when used the -out parameter.

So simply I can check if the output file exists or is empty.

bye!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses