Which is best tool for transcript quantification (RSEM,cufflinks or any other) ?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
I am actually interested in finding out an answer to that question as well.
I am looking through this paper http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/...meth.1226.html talk about the ERANGE software. However, this software seems to consist of scripts that need to be modified with specific data being analysed before any work can be done. Not sure I am up to the task.
I got a genome sequenced and assembled, and a transcription sequenced, assembled and annotated. Now I need to know gene expression relative to alpha tubulin.
-
Nobody uses ERANGE anymore. That is so 2008. It really depends on what you want to do with the data. Differential expression between conditions, isoform discovery or alternative splicing, or comparing gene expression within a sample. Know the specific goal of the research and then that will define the tool or lack thereof.
Comment
-
Hi AdrianP,
I don't quite understand how you can get relative expression from only 1 sample. But for the quantification, you may try featureCounts. See this post for more info about featureCounts - http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...21&postcount=1
Cheers,
Wei
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
34 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment