Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • adam_ie
    replied
    Hi there, the rRNA sequences should be available in NCBI if your genome is sequenced - and get your tRNA sequences from Rfam, which is available through Biomart here: http://xfam-biomart.sanger.ac.uk/ - download the tRNA sequences for your genome.

    Then create a multi-FASTA file with all the rRNA and tRNA sequences inside it, build a Bowtie index of this multi-FASTA file, and align your reads against it.

    You can keep the unaligned reads then which do not map to rRNA or tRNA.

    For example:

    bowtie --best --un <unaligned_reads_file.fq> index_of_rRNAs_and_tRNAs <input_fastq_file>

    That should do the trick, then align unaligned_reads_file.fq against your genome.

    Leave a comment:


  • lran2008
    replied
    I am really stuck here. It would be quite helpful if anybody can provide me some examples on how to blast against Rfam.

    Leave a comment:


  • lran2008
    started a topic remove rRNA/tRNA from miRNA seq data

    remove rRNA/tRNA from miRNA seq data

    Hi All,

    I am beginner at miRNA analysis. Now I am working on miRNA annotation.I have been working on it for several days but still have no idea how to do it.
    What I want is to annotate and remove rRNA/tRNA from my total data. Could anybody give me some guidelines or provide some resources?

    I know I should blast against Rfam. And probably I should use blastn. But I haven't been able to get what I mentioned above. I would appreciate if somebody can help me on it.

    Thanks!

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Today, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
24 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
46 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
1 response
55 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...