Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jgibbons1
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 135

    #1

    VCF coodinates to Genomic Features from GFF

    I think this is a relatively simple question but I haven't been able to figure out a solution yet.

    Basically, I have a VCF file of variants and a GFF file of the genome with genomic features. I would like to extract the genomic features (introns, exons, etc.) of each of the variants in the VCF file.

    Is there a simple way to glean this information?
  • dpryan
    Devon Ryan
    • Jul 2011
    • 3478

    #2
    Have you tried using snpEff? I imagine that it can do most of what you want.

    Comment

    • jgibbons1
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 135

      #3
      Hmmm...have not seen snpEff before but it looks promising.

      Thanks for the pointer. I will give this a try.

      Any other solutions?

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      27 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      45 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...