X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• komalsrathi
    replied
    Oh thanks!
    My fasta file was in a directory which required permission for writing onto.
    I was running the command from a separate directory and assumed the new file would be created in this directory instead of the one that contained my .fasta file. Solves my problem.

Leave a comment:

• mastal
    replied
    Have you checked the permissions for the directory where the .fai file is going to be written, and also, that there is enough space on the computer to write the .fai file?

Leave a comment:

• creating .fai from .fa file using samtools faidx command

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a FASTA index from a FASTA file using samtools:

./samtools faidx /home/krathi/data/ChIPseq/mm9/mm9.fa

but it shows me the error:

[fai_build] fail to write FASTA index /home/krathi/data/ChIPseq/mm9/mm9.fa.fai

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
    by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
    02-08-2024, 06:33 AM
  • seqadmin
    The 3D Genome: New Technologies and Emerging Insights
    by seqadmin

The study of three-dimensional (3D) genomics explores the spatial structure of genomes and their role in processes like gene expression and DNA replication. By employing innovative technologies, researchers can study these arrangements to discover their role in various biological processes. Scientists continue to find new ways in which the organization of DNA is involved in processes like development1 and disease2.

Basic Organization and Structure
    Understanding...
    01-22-2024, 03:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:57 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin