No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download all gene sequences

hi

I want to download all known human gene sequences available till date. Is there a way to get it? I got the list of genes from UCSC ( http://genome.ucsc.edu/knownGeneLists.html ). But how do I download the gene sequences for all of them??? Please suggest...

thanx
    sina

Go to the UCSC Table browser: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTables?command=start
    Group: genes and gene prediction tracks.
    Output format: sequence.
    cheers,
    s.

Comment

hi steven

thanx for your immediate reply....i was out of station, so couldnt reply soon.....
      i had looked at the table browser option before....but in the results the gene name is not available...instead they give the code of the gene name assigned by uscs for each gene (which is mentioned in the link i posted before in this thread).....
      what i require is the sequences of all the genes with the headers being their names....i also want the exons, introns, etc differentiated in the same sequence....since these are available in the database there should be an option of retrieving them easily....can u pls suggest a way....

thanx
      sina

Comment

1. Go to the UCSC Table browser: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTables?command=start
        Try it, this has nothing to do with the link you mentioned.
        Select the options as shown in the attached screenshot (this is an example, you may prefer another reference annotation like UCSC or Ensembl, but make sure the assembly version is the one you need).

2. On the next screen, select "genomic" (i believe you want transcription units, not mRNA sequences) and click on "submit".

3. On the next screen you will find a wonderful interface that proposes you all the options you can dream of regarding how to retrieve your sequence (include upstream/downstream flanks, what to display in upper/lower case, etc).

Enjoy,
        s.
        Attached Files

Comment

thank you very much

steven,
          thanks for the tip--I do not know if I am oil or water but I am planning to explore Galaxy

Comment

i got it...thanks a lot steven!!!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses