No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting mRNA coordinates to chromosome coordinates

hi,

any of you know how to (easily) change mrna coordinates of a gene to chromosomal positions (or viceversa)? Something as (figures are invented): KRAS c.819A>T to chr12:25,357,800 A>T

I just need it from time to time in specific cases, so the simplest the better.

many thanks!
    david

Hopefully there's a website out there that will do that for you, but if not, you can use the transcriptLocs2refLocs() function in GenomicRanges (an R package from Bioconductor).

Comment

Thanks for your answer!

FYI, the package -at least in my R libs installation- is in library('GenomicFeatures')

Anyway, I quickly check the command and it seems to require that I indicate the genomic coordinates of each exon (of each transcript) and therefore the position of the mrna I am interested in, so the 'only' thing that the program does is to use this info to perform the conversion.

I would love something that do not require to input more info than just the name of the gene and the mrna position...

Comment

I mean, I notice that I can retrieve this info from another commands of the package, so I will do it (or using other means, as the Ensembl api) if no easier way to do that exists in some magic website or so.

thanks again!
        david

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses