No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• htseq-count output for DESeq

Hi,

I am having a problem using the output of htseq-count with the DESeq package.

I am using htseq-count on a few files with this command:
    Code:
    for file in `ls -1 *.bam`
    do
    NEW_FILE=$(echo $file | sed "s/.bam//")
    echo $NEW_FILE;
    samtools index $file;
    samtools view -h -o $NEW_FILE.sam $file;
    htseq-count -s no $NEW_FILE.sam ~/genomes/celegans/Caenorhabditis_elegans/UCSC/ce10/Annotation/Genes/genes.gtf  > $NEW_FILE.htseq_count.txt;
    echo "done with file $file \n"
    done
    When htseq-count is running I get the following warning:

/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/HTSeq-0.5.3p3-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/HTSeq/__init__.py:8: RuntimeWarning: numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility
    from _HTSeq import *
    /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/HTSeq-0.5.3p3-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/HTSeq/__init__.py:8: RuntimeWarning: numpy.flatiter size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility
    from _HTSeq import *
    But it runs all the way to the end.

Than i have a list of genes with read counts, BUT the first line has only one item.
    This is how the output looks like:
    Code:
    21ur-1	0
    21ur-10	0
    21ur-100	0
    21ur-1000	0
    21ur-10000	0
    21ur-10001	0
    21ur-10002	0
    21ur-10003	0
    21ur-10004	0
    I just can't figure out what this number is. It doesn't correspond to any parameters I checked (#genes with or w.o. reads, #genes in total, with no alignment etc.).

I can't even figure whether or not it has anything to do with the error massage I am getting.
    Each of the Output files gets a number on the first line. They all seems to be random.

The problem is that DESeq accepts a two-columns data frame and when this number in the first line shows up, it return an error massage.
    Code:
    > cds_htseq <- newCountDataSetFromHTSeqCount(countTable, directory="HTSEQ_COUNT/")
    Error in `colnames<-`(`*tmp*`, value = 1:27) : 
      attempt to set 'colnames' on an object with less than two dimensions
    When I remove the first line in all the files, it works fine.

What is the reason for this output?

Thanks
    Assa

You may have a gene with no name in your GTF file, i.e., with empty gene ID.

Your error has little to do with the problem. It is about your numpy installation being incompatible to your HTSeq installation, maybe because one of the twoi is 64bit and the other 32 bit. This is ugly but as numpy is not used in htseq-count, it won't matter.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses