Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping Healthy/Diabetic will just change the sign on the fold changes. With the updated version of "status", Normal/timepoint 1 is the baseline for all of the comparisons, which is how I expect you and others would want to think about the experiment. Previously it was Diabetic/timepoint 1.

Regarding the error message, just change the "maxit" option to something bigger to see if that goes away. The model is now rather more complicated, so I'm not surprised that it takes more iterations to fit. If you still have things not fitting, then see which rows they are and don't trust the results from them (the other 30,000 or so rows should be fine, however). The results should be from a paired-analysis then.

Comment

Very good!
      Ill start reading up on EdgeR later, the manual there had some nice sections on design.

Thank you again, have a nice weekend.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

DESeq2 question
        Is the script below the correct way to set up a comparison between paired samples pre- and post treatment?
        thank you
        > sampleFiles <- list.files(path="~/Desktop/Realigned_to_human_g1K_v37/Cuffdiff_IMIDS_Nov/HTSeq/HTseq_gene_counts" , pattern="*.counts")
        > Table3 <- data.frame(
        + row.names = c( "P110", "P124", "P149", "P185", "P189", "P192", "P218", "P227", "P235", "P280", "P308", "P351", "P357", "P367", "P377", "P384", "P426", "P543", "P584", "P590", "P594", "P610" ),
        +
        > sampleFiles <- list.files(path="~/Desktop/Realigned_to_human_g1K_v37/Cuffdiff_IMIDS_Nov/HTSeq/HTseq_gene_counts" , pattern="*.counts")
        > Table3 <- data.frame(
        + sampleName = sampleFiles, fileName = sampleFiles,
        + condition = c( "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "post", "pre", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post" ),
        + libType = c( "pair8", "pair10", "pair9", "pair1", "pair7", "pair11", "pair2", "pair3", "pair4", "pair5", "pair5", "pair6", "pair7", "pair1", "pair3", "pair4", "pair11", "pair2", "pair6", "pair10", "pair9", "pair8" ) )
        Error in data.frame(sampleName = sampleFiles, fileName = sampleFiles, :
        arguments imply differing number of rows: 22, 20
        > Table3 <- data.frame(
        + sampleName = sampleFiles, fileName = sampleFiles,
        + condition = c( "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "pre", "post", "pre", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post", "post" ),
        + libType = c( "pair8", "pair10", "pair9", "pair1", "pair7", "pair11", "pair2", "pair3", "pair4", "pair5", "pair5", "pair6", "pair7", "pair1", "pair3", "pair4", "pair11", "pair2", "pair6", "pair10", "pair9", "pair8" ) )
        > directory <- c("~/Desktop/Realigned_to_human_g1K_v37/Cuffdiff_IMIDS_Nov/HTSeq/HTseq_gene_counts/")
        > design <- formula(~ libType + condition)
        > ddsHTSeq <- DESeqDataSetFromHTSeqCount(sampleTable= Table3, directory= directory, design= design)
        > Table3
        sampleName fileName condition libType
        1 P110.counts P110.counts pre pair8
        2 P124.counts P124.counts pre pair10
        3 P149.counts P149.counts pre pair9
        4 P185.counts P185.counts pre pair1
        5 P189.counts P189.counts pre pair7
        6 P192.counts P192.counts pre pair11
        7 P218.counts P218.counts pre pair2
        8 P227.counts P227.counts pre pair3
        9 P235.counts P235.counts pre pair4
        10 P280.counts P280.counts pre pair5
        11 P308.counts P308.counts post pair5
        12 P351.counts P351.counts pre pair6
        13 P357.counts P357.counts post pair7
        14 P367.counts P367.counts post pair1
        15 P377.counts P377.counts post pair3
        16 P384.counts P384.counts post pair4
        17 P426.counts P426.counts post pair11
        18 P543.counts P543.counts post pair2
        19 P584.counts P584.counts post pair6
        20 P590.counts P590.counts post pair10
        21 P594.counts P594.counts post pair9
        22 P610.counts P610.counts post pair8

Many thanks

Comment

That appears to be correct. That doesn't look for any pair:treatment interaction, but that's likely not of interest (and would really suck up the degrees of freedom).

Comment

thank you for the quick reply. I am attempting to identify genes involved in resistance to treatment "X". RNAseq were done on samples collected from individual patients pre-treatment and at the time of clinical progression (resistant). Therefore I think I need to account for pair:treatment interaction, no? I am not sure how to account for this interaction in my script. Greatly appreciate your advice.

Comment

If the patients were similarly responsive, then accounting for an interaction is probably overkill. Otherwise you just need to change the design to "design~libType*condition".

Comment

thank you, I will give this a try and see if the results differ significantly

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the help - worked once I sorted out my typos...
                  Last edited by emma009; 04-01-2016, 02:56 AM. Reason: Resolved

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses