Another question... How to alter the heatmaps text-part size (KEGG pathway names)?
The names are all capped, its unreadable.. The "pdf.size" - option only regualtes the graphic part.
###################################################
### significant.genesets
###################################################
kegg.sig<-sigGeneSet(cnts.kegg.p, outname="~/RNAseq/13_Acute-Changes/14_GAGE_native_A1A2/A1A2All/A1A2All.kegg",pdf.size = c(7,12))
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
pv.out.list <- sapply(enriched_pathways, function(pid) pathview(gene.data = gene_fc, pathway.id = pid, species = "sce", gene.idtype="KEGG", same.layer = F, kegg.native = T, node.sum="median"))
Data in pathview:
pv.out.list[1]
GLK1 -0.35 0.000 0.620 -1.118 -0.900
# original data supplied for pathview
gene_fc[1,]
GLK 0.14 -1.6 0.62 -1.1 -0.37
I have attached the resultant pathway image.
Original image sce00051.png shows genes specific[in green] to yeast.
I am wondering why pathview data differ for GLK when GLK is the only gene on that node.
Thanks,
Shriram
Leave a comment:
-
Pasted wrong sessioninfo..
# > sessionInfo()
# R version 3.0.3 (2014-03-06)
# Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)
# locale:
# [1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8
# attached base packages:
# [1] grid parallel stats graphics grDevices utils datasets
# [8] methods base
# other attached packages:
# [1] Rgraphviz_2.6.0
# [2] gageData_2.0.3
# [3] pathview_1.2.4
# [4] org.Hs.eg.db_2.10.1
# [5] RSQLite_0.11.4
# [6] DBI_0.2-7
# [7] KEGGgraph_1.20.0
# [8] graph_1.40.1
# [9] XML_3.95-0.2
# [10] gage_2.12.3
# [11] Rsamtools_1.14.3
# [12] Biostrings_2.30.1
# [13] TxDb.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19.knownGene_2.10.1
# [14] GenomicFeatures_1.14.5
# [15] AnnotationDbi_1.24.0
# [16] Biobase_2.22.0
# [17] GenomicRanges_1.14.4
# [18] XVector_0.2.0
# [19] IRanges_1.20.7
# [20] BiocGenerics_0.8.0
# loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
# [1] biomaRt_2.18.0 bitops_1.0-6 BSgenome_1.30.0
# [4] digest_0.6.4 httr_0.2 KEGGREST_1.2.0
# [7] png_0.1-7 RCurl_1.95-4.1 rtracklayer_1.22.6
# [10] stats4_3.0.3 stringr_0.6.2 tools_3.0.3
# [13] zlibbioc_1.8.0
Pathview works, but I dont get colors or up/down regulated genes...
Leave a comment:
-
You don’t even have pathview package loaded based on your sessionInfo().
Originally posted by sindrle View PostIm having problems with Pathview. I can only get native KEGG, the kegg.native=F does not work.
Also the native KEGG only has green color, not red (up regulated) and green (down regulated).
Why am I having these two problems?
# > sessionInfo()
# R version 3.0.3 (2013-09-25)
# Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)
# locale:
# [1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8
# attached base packages:
# [1] parallel stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods
# [8] base
# other attached packages:
# [1] Rsamtools_1.14.3
# [2] Biostrings_2.30.1
# [3] TxDb.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19.knownGene_2.10.1
# [4] GenomicFeatures_1.14.5
# [5] AnnotationDbi_1.24.0
# [6] Biobase_2.22.0
# [7] GenomicRanges_1.14.4
# [8] XVector_0.2.0
# [9] IRanges_1.20.7
# [10] BiocGenerics_0.8.0
# [11] BiocInstaller_1.12.0
# loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
# [1] biomaRt_2.18.0 bitops_1.0-6 BSgenome_1.30.0
# [4] DBI_0.2-7 RCurl_1.95-4.1 RSQLite_0.11.4
# [7] rtracklayer_1.22.5 stats4_3.0.2 tools_3.0.2
# [10] XML_3.95-0.2 zlibbioc_1.8.0
Leave a comment:
-
May I know what node, gene, pathway and what species you are talking about?
Originally posted by shriram View PostThanks for the quick reply.
In above example GeneA is the only gene [shown green in original kegg] on that node for that species as other genes on the node are not present in the given species.
Thanks,
Shriram
Leave a comment:
-
Im having problems with Pathview. I can only get native KEGG, the kegg.native=F does not work.
Also the native KEGG only has green color, not red (up regulated) and green (down regulated).
Why am I having these two problems?
Native KEGG
# pv.out.list <- sapply(path.ids2, function(pid) pathview(gene.data = d[,
# 1:2], pathway.id = pid, species = "hsa", kegg.dir = "~/RNAseq/13_Acute-Changes/13_GAGE_native_A1A2/A1A2pT2D/Pathview"))
Graphviz view
# pv.out.list <- sapply(path.ids2, function(pid) pathview(gene.data = d[,
# 1:2], pathway.id = pid, species = "hsa", kegg.native=F,
# sign.pos="bottomleft", kegg.dir = "~/RNAseq/13_Acute-Changes/13_GAGE_native_A1A2/A1A2pT2D/Pathview"))
# > sessionInfo()
# R version 3.0.3 (2013-09-25)
# Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)
# locale:
# [1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8
# attached base packages:
# [1] parallel stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods
# [8] base
# other attached packages:
# [1] Rsamtools_1.14.3
# [2] Biostrings_2.30.1
# [3] TxDb.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19.knownGene_2.10.1
# [4] GenomicFeatures_1.14.5
# [5] AnnotationDbi_1.24.0
# [6] Biobase_2.22.0
# [7] GenomicRanges_1.14.4
# [8] XVector_0.2.0
# [9] IRanges_1.20.7
# [10] BiocGenerics_0.8.0
# [11] BiocInstaller_1.12.0
# loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
# [1] biomaRt_2.18.0 bitops_1.0-6 BSgenome_1.30.0
# [4] DBI_0.2-7 RCurl_1.95-4.1 RSQLite_0.11.4
# [7] rtracklayer_1.22.5 stats4_3.0.2 tools_3.0.2
# [10] XML_3.95-0.2 zlibbioc_1.8.0
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for the quick reply.
In above example GeneA is the only gene [shown green in original kegg] on that node for that species as other genes on the node are not present in the given species.
Thanks,
Shriram
Leave a comment:
-
Again, that’s because in this pathway, node labelled “Gene A” includes gene(s) other than “Gene A” but with similar function. It is a summary of fold changes for all genes mapped to this node, should you be surprised that it is different from fold change of “Gene A” alone?
You may use node.sum argument to control the the node summary is calculated, mean, median, max etc.
Leave a comment:
-
Fold change ploting
Thank you for your reply, now I understand why there are differences at node level data and actual fold changes.
However when I want to compare the fold change that I see in the input data and on the KEGG pathway it doesn't correlate well.
e.g.
pv.out.list[[1]]
Gene A:
T1 T2 T3 T4 T5
0.66 4.1079 0.830 3.278 2.71
input fold change values:
Gene A
-1.2 0.7 -0.14 -0.48 -0.78
Color coding for this gene on pathway node:
#EF3030 #FF0000 #FF0000 #FF0000 #FF0000
which doesn't reflect the trend seen in the input data.
When I change node.sum="median" it little bit shows same trend as input fold changes.
pv.out.list[[1]]
-1.15 0.7626 0.000 1.387 1.534
#00FF00 #EF3030 #BEBEBE #FF0000 #FF0000
It is bit confusing for me.
Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
If you are look for the gene entry"120" underpv.out.list[[1]]$plot.data.gene, it may or may not be different from the original data, cnts.d, because multiple genes may be mapped to the same nodes in a KEGG pathway. What you found in $plot.data.gene is the node level summary instead of single gene data. Each node there is labeled or named after the most representative member gene.
Please check the pathview tutorial (page 7) and documentations for more details:
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
I was looking at the expression data from pathview object and original data supplied to pathview, I found discrepancies in the two values:
Original count data (human data from reference manual):
> cnts.d["120", ]
ERR127302 ERR127303 ERR127304 ERR127305
0.277 0.577 0.441 0.021
output from Pathview object for human data from reference manual
>pv.out.list[1]
ERR127302 ERR127303 ERR127304 ERR127305
0.3952 0.8842 1.628 1.1983
Does pathview transforms the original data before plotting on the kegg pathways?
THanks,
Leave a comment:
-
Ok, thanks!
I was thinking about the same, but I figured since I have already ran HTseq I just used the results from there.
Good to know until next time.
Leave a comment:
-
sindrle,
I couldn’t find your original problem, but if I remember correctly, your summarizeOverlaps step didn’t work. And you did something like:
…
flag <- scanBamFlag(isNotPrimaryRead=FALSE, isProperPair=TRUE)
param <- ScanBamParam(flag=flag)
gnCnt <- summarizeOverlaps(exByGn, bamfls, mode="Union", ignore.strand=TRUE, single.end=TRUE, param=param)
…
I guess you have single end data, so try:
flag <- scanBamFlag(isNotPrimaryRead=FALSE, isProperPair=NA)
The following flag line is for paired end data:
flag <- scanBamFlag(isNotPrimaryRead=FALSE, isProperPair=TRUE)
Check help info for details:
?scanBamFlag
Leave a comment:
-
Im a retard. Forgot to convert kegg.gs to gene symbols:
data(egSymb)
kegg.gs.sym<-lapply(kegg.gs, eg2sym)Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you very much for that explanation, this is starting to make more sense to me now. I will make the necessary changes and retry. Thanks again!
Leave a comment:
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
21 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
42 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
33 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Leave a comment: