Thanks for the input. I agree on your feeling on these two packages. Do you see differences in the results using GAGE and GOseq?
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
Thanks for the good words on GAGE. Let us know if you have more comments/questions.
Originally posted by sindrle View PostI have done a quick test with GOseq, but I must admit I like GAGE better after first glance. Easy to follow, nice manual, nice plots, lots of results and possibilities. It really facilitates further analysis I think.
But Im going to give GOseq another go for sure!
Comment
-
I have a question about the margin argument in the sigGeneSet function when I run the following commandOriginally posted by bigmw View PostForgot that sigGeneSet function has been updated to give users more control on the margin and font size. sigGeneSet calls a internal function heatmap2 to generate the heatmaps. So check the argument for this function
args(gage:::heatmap2)
The argument two relevant arguments here are margins and cexRow, which control the margins for column/row names and row name font size, you may do something like:
kegg.sig<-sigGeneSet(cnts.kegg.p,outname="~/RNAseq/13_Acute-Changes/14_GAGE_native_A1A2/A1A2All/A1A2All.kegg",pdf.size = c(7,12), margins = c(5,10))
> rcount.kegg.sig<-sigGeneSet(rcount.kegg.p, outname="sig.kegg",pdf.size=c(7,12),margins=c(5, 10))
Error in heatmap2(gs.data, Colv = F, Rowv = F, dendrogram = "none", col = cols, :
formal argument "margins" matched by multiple actual arguments
Can anyone help me?
Thanks!
Comment
-
other attached packages:Originally posted by bigmw View PostYou may want to check the version of the gage package you are running, which can be seen by:
sessionInfo()
[1] gage_2.14.2 GenomicAlignments_1.0.2
[3] BSgenome_1.32.0 Rsamtools_1.16.1
[5] Biostrings_2.32.0 XVector_0.4.0
[7] DESeq2_1.4.5 RcppArmadillo_0.4.300.8.0
[9] Rcpp_0.11.2 GenomicRanges_1.16.3
[11] GenomeInfoDb_1.0.2 IRanges_1.22.9
[13] BiocGenerics_0.10.0
Is the version of gage not proper?
Comment
-
Just checked the source code for sigGeneSet and internal functions gs.heatmap. there seems to be a potential conflict in argument margins indeed. Will have the problem fixed. you can check the updated version 2.14.3 in the next couple of days here:
Comment
-
Okay, thank! I will try version 2.14.3 later.Originally posted by bigmw View PostJust checked the source code for sigGeneSet and internal functions gs.heatmap. there seems to be a potential conflict in argument margins indeed. Will have the problem fixed. you can check the updated version 2.14.3 in the next couple of days here:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages...html/gage.html
Comment
-
I have followed the default workflows of gage and pathview on the example RNA-seq dataset. I also used the fold changes inferred by deseq2, then followed by the gage and pathview. I found both pipelines will output different results. The pipeline based on the fold changes by deseq2 generate much fewer significant pathways. For example below
> gage.kegg.sig<-sigGeneSet(gage.kegg.p, outname="sig.kegg",pdf.size=c(7,8))
[1] "there are 22 signficantly up-regulated gene sets"
[1] "there are 17 signficantly down-regulated gene sets"
> deseq2.kegg.sig<-sigGeneSet(deseq2.kegg.p, outname="deseq2.sig.kegg",pdf.size=c(7,8))
[1] "gs.data needs to be a matrix-like object!"
[1] "No heatmap produced for down-regulated gene sets, only 1 or none signficant."
[1] "gs.data needs to be a matrix-like object!"
[1] "there are 7 signficantly up-regulated gene sets"
[1] "there are 0 signficantly down-regulated gene sets"
I'm wondering which pipeline is more reliable for biological interpretation. Why the pipeline based on deseq2 return much fewer pathways? Can anyone give me some advice?
Thanks!Last edited by tigerxu; 07-11-2014, 12:29 PM.
Comment
-
Hi there, thank you for making this awesome tool.
I am working with mouse data, I want to know how to convert the gene set into gene symbol format.
kg.mouse<- kegg.gsets("mouse")
kegg.gs<- kg.mouse$kg.sets[kg.mouse$sigmet.idx]
lapply(kegg.gs[1:3],head)
the eg2sym function is only for human data. I can not do things below:
data(egSymb)
kegg.gs.sym<- lapply(kegg.gs, eg2sym)
Thank you!
Tommy
Comment
-
The pathview package provides two functions: eg2id and id2eg, for ID mapping/conversion for major research species. For details:
?pathview::eg2id
BTW, I would suggest you to convert your data ID from symbol to Entrez Gene, rather than your gene set ID from Entrez to symbol. The former should be much faster as it only need to call the conversion function once.
Comment
-
BTW, has a separate tutorial on data preparation, you can check Section 5 -- gene or transcript ID conversion:
Comment
-
Thank you, I followed it, after DESeq. 1724 differentially expressed genes were used for pathway analysis.Originally posted by bigmw View PostBTW, has a separate tutorial on data preparation, you can check Section 5 -- gene or transcript ID conversion:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages...c/dataPrep.pdf
res <- nbinomTest( cds, 'control, 'treat' )
resSig <- res[ res$padj < 0.01 & (res$log2FoldChange >1| res$log2FoldChange < -1), ]
resSig <- na.omit(resSig)
require(gage)
datakegg.gs)
deseq.fc<- resSig$log2FoldChange
names(deseq.fc)<- resSig$id
sum(is.infinite(deseq.fc)) # there are some infinite numbers, if use DESeq2, no such problem.
deseq.fc[deseq.fc>10]=10
deseq.fc[deseq.fc<-10]=-10
exp.fc<- deseq.fc
#kegg.gsets works with 3000 KEGG speicies
data(korg)
head(korg[,1:3], n=20)
#let's get the annotation files for mouse and convert the gene set to gene symbol format
kg.mouse<- kegg.gsets("mouse")
kegg.gs<- kg.mouse$kg.sets[kg.mouse$sigmet.idx]
lapplykegg.gs[1:3],head)
# to convert IDs among gene/transcript ID to Entrez GeneID or reverse, use eg2id and id2eg in the pathview package
library(pathview)
data(bods)
bods
gene.symbol.eg<- id2eg(ids=names(exp.fc), category='SYMBOL', org='Mm')
# convert the gene symbol to Entrez Gene ID
head(gene.symbol.eg, n=100)
head(gene.symbol.eg[,2], n=10)
names(exp.fc)<- gene.symbol.eg[,2]
fc.kegg.p<- gage(exp.fc, gsets= kegg.gs, ref=NULL, samp=NULL)
sel<- fc.kegg.p$greater[,"q.val"] < 0.1 & !is.na(fc.kegg.p$greater[,"q.val"])
table(sel)
sel.l<- fc.kegg.p$less[,"q.val"] < 0.1 & !is.na(fc.kegg.p$greater[,"q.val"])
table(sel.l)
> table(sel.l)
sel.l
FALSE
202
> table(sel)
sel
FALSE
202
Am I doing it right?
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment