Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in installing Boost c++ libraries

I have downloaded boost_1_54_0.tar.gz as it is a prerequisite for installing TopHat. Then I had unpacked and tried to install according to user manual.
    I have followed the steps as below:

$tar -zxvf boost_1_54_0.tar.gz
    $cd boost_1_54_0/
    $./bootstrap.sh
    $./b2 install --prefix=PREFIX

But I got an error message..... The last few lines of the message are:

...failed gcc.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/python/build/gcc-4.4.3/release/link-static/threading-multi/object/function_doc_signature.o...
    ...skipped <pbin.v2/libs/python/build/gcc-4.4.3/release/link-static/threading-multi>libboost_python.a(clean) for lack of <pbin.v2/libs/python/build/gcc-4.4.3/release/link-static/threading-multi>numeric.o...
    ...skipped <pbin.v2/libs/python/build/gcc-4.4.3/release/link-static/threading-multi>libboost_python.a for lack of <pbin.v2/libs/python/build/gcc-4.4.3/release/link-static/threading-multi>numeric.o...
    ...skipped <pPREFIX/lib>libboost_python.a for lack of <pbin.v2/libs/python/build/gcc-4.4.3/release/link-static/threading-multi>libboost_python.a...
    ...failed updating 56 targets...
    ...skipped 6 targets...

Why I am getting such kind of error? I am using Ubuntu 64 bit machine. Can anybody help me to solve the problem. Thank you.

It seems the actual error message is missing ..

Comment

As far as I recall you may see this kind of message when the compilation process of boost does not find certain packages it depends on. It may still have successfully compiled and installed the parts of boost you need for TopHat.

Comment

Rather than manually installing from source pacakages, have you checked whether you can simply use the boost package which comes with ubuntu instead? There will be a boost package (several in fact) available in the ubuntu package manager and using that is a lot easier than adding in external source libraries which aren't managed by your package manager. You should be able to do something like:

sudo apt-get install libboost-dev

..to install them.

For tophat there are also pre-compiled binaries distributed from the project site which might well be easier to install since you won't need to install all of the source dependencies, just the runtime libraries which are probably on your system already.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
        • seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 05-14-2024, 07:03 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
        0 responses