Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b2g4pipe returns only a .annot file... What about the .dat file?

Hi all,

After running b2g4pipe, I only got a .annot file in the "results" directory. Is that all? What about the .dat file? I cannot find it.

The command I utilized was:
    java -Xmx4000m -cp *:ext/*: es.blast2go.prog.B2GAnnotPipe -in MYFILE.xml -out results/myprojectMYFILE -prop b2gPipe.properties -annot -dat -img -ips ipsr -annex -goslim -wiki html_template.html -v

It is exactly as the ReadMe file says, except the input and output file names, and the amount of memory usage -4000 instead of 1000-. I also modified the b2gPipe.properties file, in order to update the blast2go database, as follows:
    < Dbacces.dbname=b2g_apr12
    < Dbacces.dbhost=10.10.100.203
    ---
    > Dbacces.dbname=b2g_aug12
    > Dbacces.dbhost=publicdb.blast2go.com

This is the fist time I run b2g4pipe, and I would like to check if my results are correct. Is there anybody who has run it? I will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Which version of b2g4pipe are you using? They have previously changed the API with minor releases...

Comment

b2g4pipe v2.5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Hel View Post
        b2g4pipe v2.5.0
        Good, v2.5 wants -annot while v2.3 wanted -a instead.

I'm not tried getting a *.dat file out of b2g4pipe for a while, on the grounds it didn't seem to be advised for large datasets. From memory it worked back on v2.3 though.

Comment

Ok, thanks. So the problem may be the large dataset..

Comment

I tried it with another file of similar size. In this case it results in 21 files in several formats (.annot, .dat, .png, .jpg and .svg) instead.
            I don't understand why in the first case I only got a single result file (an .annot file). Any suggestion?

Comment

No idea - I've only been using b2g4pipe to go from the BLAST XML file(s) to an .annot file, and then importing that into the Blast2GO GUI if I want to produce any of the images etc later.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
              0 responses