No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment based on 1 mismatch.

Hi
    I have a requirement where on aligning reads to reference the mapping is based only on one mismatch with the reference. I need a tool which can map the reads with the reference genome with max of one mismatch. Can some one suggest one.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Vishwesh

Bowtie2 will do this fine in end-to-end mode. Just set the minimum score to -1 (--score-min C,-1,0) and maximum/minimum mismatch penalties to both -1 (--mp -1,-1).

Comment

Thanks David Eccles.. Is it possible to do this in bwa aln... if so what parameters should be given...

Comment

From the bwa manual it looks like the edit distance option is what you want (-n 1), coupled with zero extensions allowed (-o 0). I have no experience with BWA, so can only do my best to interpret the specifications.

Comment

Thanks David Eccles.. I am new to bowtie.. the options are bit confusing.. can you please help me the command.. The files I use are not paired ends..

Comment

What have you tried? Give me an example, together with the error message, and we'll be better able to solve this problem.

Comment

I tried this..
              bowtie -S all_other_rna -score-min C,-1,0 -mp -1,-1 /home/vishwesh/soft/TLL28_GTAGAG_L004_R1_001_c2.fastaq test.sam

Comment

please use bowtie2 for doing this:

Options for bowtie are quite different from bowtie2.

Comment

I tried using bowtie2..
                  here is the error i get..

Error: Encountered internal Bowtie 2 exception (#1)
                  Command: /data/apps/bowtie2-2.1.0/bin/bowtie2-align --wrapper basic-0 -S all_other_rna -score-min C,-1,0 -mp /home/vishwesh/soft/TLL28_GTAGAG_L004_R1_001_c2.fastaq test.sam
                  bowtie2-align exited with value 1

command is
                  bowtie2 -S all_other_rna -score-min C,-1,0 -mp -1,-1 /home/vishwesh/soft/TLL28_GTAGAG_L004_R1_001_c2.fastaq test.sam

let me know if anything is wrong in this command..

Comment

your bowtie2 command should look something like this:
                    Code:
                    bowtie2 [options]* -x <bt2-idx> {-1 <m1> -2 <m2> | -U <r>} -S [<hit>]
                    [taken verbatim from the manual]

It looks like you haven't specified an index file on the command line, or the index is attached to the wrong arguments. Perhaps something like this would work better (assuming all_other_rna is your bowtie2 index generated with bowtie2-build):

Code:
                    bowtie2 --score-min C,-1,0 --mp -1,-1 -x all_other_rna -S /home/vishwesh/soft/TLL28_GTAGAG_L004_R1_001_c2.fastaq > test.sam

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses