Thanks I'll give that a try.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
-
Hi All,
I converted the .bam file to .bai file using
$ samtools index test_sorted.bam test_sorted.bai (and now I have both in the same folder). When i upload the .bam file to IGV it seems to work, but i see no alignment of the reads against the genome (i do see the genome in blue)
I am using the TAIR10 genome.
what could be this? ideas?
many thanks
GLast edited by Gonza; 10-17-2014, 09:14 AM.
Comment
-
Chromosome names need to match between your BAM/genome in IGV (I assume you are using the built-in genome) in order for IGV to be able to display your data. Other possibility is you need to start zooming in/out/sideways depending on the relative location of IGV display, to see the mapped reads.Originally posted by Gonza View PostHi All,
I converted the .bam file to .bai file using
$ samtools index test_sorted.bam test_sorted.bai (and now I have both in the same folder). When i upload the .bam file to IGV it seems to work, but i see no alignment of the reads against the genome (i do see the genome in blue)
I am using the TAIR10 genome.
what could be this? ideas?
many thanks
G
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
39 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
46 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
38 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment