Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioinformatics software for single cell omics

My professor asked me to find a software solution to deal with scRNA data analyses (preprocessing and analyzing data). The department is going to have VIZGEN and COSMX machine coming next quarter. 3-4 labs depend on 1 bioinformatician guy is really annoying and inconvenient.
    There're some companies I am looking at:
    - BioTuring
    - Rosalind
    - Cellxgene
    Most of the time, we want to compare between metadata categories to generate insights, and also apply gene set / pathway analysis on those. Any suggestion on that cause I am truly depressed rn?​

duyson9123 my opinion is a bit biased with this because I've only used two of those above. I really liked Rosalind and used it for single-cell data. I felt like it was really comprehensive. However, I also played around with BioTuring and it's great because it is made for single-cell analysis. It also has the ability to work with spatial data, but I've never used that aspect of it. Either of those two programs is great. I haven't used Cellxgene so I can't speak for that at all.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
    0 responses