Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-multiplexing, carryover from sample with highest reads?

Hello,
    I use in house indexes (5nt) to tag my amplicons and pool 10 such samples and subject the pooled "sample" to library prep on TruSeq without fragmentation.

After demultiplexing for Illumina indexes on Miseq, FASTX barcode splitter is used to de-multiplex the samples to the original "samples". These reads are then aligned with Bowtie and the result we need is a proportion of reads aligned aganist a particular reference sequence.

When the final alignment results are observed, in all samples there is a carry over of some reads from the sample with the highest number of reads to the rest of the samples in the same 10 sample pool.

I checked to see if this is associated with any particular pattern of the in house barcodes, it is not. In all the samples, it is the reads from the sample with "highest number of reads" that are also found in other samples.

Has anyone else experienced something similar in sample pooling and is there any other software that has a more stringent algorythm for barcode splitting.

Not sure if the post is confusing

There is a past thread on this topic. You can find it here: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29110

Illumina's official response was in post #38 in the thread above.

Comment

Yes this is a common problem with pooling e.g. http://genomebiology.com/content/13/5/R34

We have just had a paper accepted which outlines a method to deal with it. I could send it to you if you inbox me your email

Comment

GenoMax, thank you, I read this earlier but more that that our problem is what Jackie has pointed out.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses