Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DMD
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 2

    #1

    Need help with a GenBank submission

    Hello everyone,

    New to the forum, but I have a question which I hope someone can help me with. I am trying to submit to GenBank Roche 454 16S sequences but is having a small problem. We used the pipeline QIIME for our alignment etc. However, when you submit to GenBank, you need at least the sequence and the organism name. The QIIME pipeline is a bit different. It generates a sequence file and then a phylogeny file which is matched by an identifier. My problem is that I have at least 122,000 sequences. It is nearly impossible for me to perform this manually. This is probably easiest done via a script of some sort (unfortunately I have no script writing ability).

    Does anyone know of any open sourced software or of any other programs I could use to resolve this problem. We have already submitted the paper so submitting the sequences is a high priority (I didn't expect it to be this difficult).
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    Should you not be submitting this data via the short read archive (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK47529/) rather than GenBank (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/guide/h...quence-data/)?

    Comment

    • DMD
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2014
      • 2

      #3
      Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      Should you not be submitting this data via the short read archive (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK47529/) rather than GenBank (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/guide/h...quence-data/)?
      Actually I am. The person at GenBank forwarded my email to SRA. I still need to have the sequences and the phylogeny in the same file as far I know however so I will still need a script or program to do that.

      Comment

      • GenoMax
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 7142

        #4
        Having not submitted similar data I am not 100% sure what exactly it is that you need to do. Can you post an example and the final result you want?

        Clearly this problem must have been faced by others before. Nothing seems to come up in searches though.

        Comment

        • cliffbeall
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 144

          #5
          You can use human metagenome or other metagenome for the taxonomy field in BioSample. Here's some examples we have done, you probably need to tweak things:




          P.S. I feel your pain on doing these kinds of submission.

          Comment

          Latest Articles

          Collapse

          • SEQadmin2
            New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
            by SEQadmin2


            Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

            We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
            ...
            Today, 10:25 AM
          • SEQadmin2
            How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
            by SEQadmin2




            The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

            This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
            09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

          ad_right_rmr

          Collapse

          News

          Collapse

          Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
          0 responses
          27 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
          0 responses
          24 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post SEQadmin2  
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
          1 response
          46 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
          1 response
          55 views
          0 reactions
          Last Post pekgio
          by pekgio
           
          Working...