I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this? I know there is the qiime deploy script, which I'm going to try but I was hoping someone had some experience trying this.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
-
The best place to ask about this is the bio-linux mailing list http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/about-us/mailing-lists Tim Booth is pretty responsive.
Doesn't Qiime come installed as standard on Bio-linux though - so updates would be via apt and the standard package updater rather than the deploy script?
-
Ah thanks. Yeah it does come with bio-linux as standard. Ah I see now, the built in packages with bio-linux can actually be updated through the normal ubuntu update manager, I think I already knew that, I must be a bit slow today. Thanks for the reply!Originally posted by Palecomic View PostThe best place to ask about this is the bio-linux mailing list http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/about-us/mailing-lists Tim Booth is pretty responsive.
Doesn't Qiime come installed as standard on Bio-linux though - so updates would be via apt and the standard package updater rather than the deploy script?
Edit: After updating qiime is still version 1.7, I'm guessing the bio linux people just haven't rolled out the new version yet.Last edited by bob-loblaw; 01-15-2014, 06:18 AM.
Comment
-
Have you tried QIIME-Deploy? https://github.com/qiime/qiime-deploy
Relatively simple way to upgrade/install QIIME on any Linux box.
Comment
-
I haven't tried it, I'm not really sure how it'll affect the installation of qiime already on the machine.Originally posted by bstamps View PostHave you tried QIIME-Deploy? https://github.com/qiime/qiime-deploy
Relatively simple way to upgrade/install QIIME on any Linux box.
Comment
-
Do you need QIIME 1.7 still functional? Basically if QIIME was installed by its defaults (~/qiime_software/) it should update any packages inside of this directory, install a qiime-1.8.0-release/ directory, and then activate 1.8. You can check out https://github.com/qiime/qiime-deplo...sions-of-qiime if you want to keep multiple versions of QIIME going for what I'm assuming would be consistency-for-publication reasons, or comparisons.
Comment
-
Well I'm not too worried about 1.7 being overwritten, as long as 1.8 is fully functional. I'm just worried that it'll run into a problem and I'll be left with 2 half installed versions of QIIME, neither completely functional. I may just try it, see how it goes.
Comment
-
any updates on this
I'm in exactly the same situation and i was wondering how the experiment went... did you try deploying the Qiime 1.8 version?
How did it work? Did it erase the 1.7 or did they both coexist?
I am very worried about doing this as i would probably need to reinstall if the 1.8 installation failed.
thanks
Andrea
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 11:14 AM
|
0 responses
8 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
Today, 11:14 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
53 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
Comment