Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • swbarnes2
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 910

    #16
    Use VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIANT

    That way, it will report all the errors it sees to STDIN, but it will finish the job anyway.

    Comment

    • Naarkhoo
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 11

      #17
      Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
      Use VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIANT

      That way, it will report all the errors it sees to STDIN, but it will finish the job anyway.
      That's true, it doesn't complain, but the size of output file is 0 !
      Is it something, the sequencing vendor should fix at their end ?

      Comment

      • Naarkhoo
        Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 11

        #18
        any hint ? I have asked this question in picard, but havent heard from them either;
        I appreciate any hint,

        Comment

        • gringer
          David Eccles (gringer)
          • May 2011
          • 845

          #19
          does spelling LENIENT correctly help?

          Comment

          • Naarkhoo
            Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 11

            #20
            Originally posted by gringer View Post
            does spelling LENIENT correctly help?
            My spelling in the command line is already correct,
            Here, I just Quoted what "swbarnes2" has suggested ...

            Comment

            • wangli
              Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 48

              #21
              Originally posted by Bruins View Post
              Well... the problem is that after reading this thread and some googling, I get the feeling that SILENT (or IGNORE=) is the only solution, other than running FixMates.

              That takes me back to my question one: what would be the consequence of using SILENT? Drio would you like to comment on that some more?

              I'm planning to run some tests, I'll report back later.

              Is anyone still interested in this question? I recently noticed the consequence of using the lenient stringency in Picard. When AddOrReplace read groups, the strict mode will generate some column like "RG:Z:***" in the reads, while the lenient mode will not, although both modes will generate bam files with @RG in the head. This will cause a further problem when calling SNPs in GATK, which just assume that you did not add read groups, while reading groups is required by GATK.

              I spotted the problem, but havenot figured out how to solve it. Could anyone help me here?

              Comment

              • ymc
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 496

                #22
                I am having this problem now with sam created by bwa-0.6.2

                java -Xmx5g -jar ../picard/picard-tools-1.39/SortSam.jar I=P6T.sam SO=coordinate O=P6Tf.bam VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT CREATE_INDEX=true

                Ignoring SAM validation error due to lenient parsing:
                Error parsing text SAM file. MAPQ should be 0 for unmapped read.; Line 10820584
                Ignoring SAM validation error due to lenient parsing:
                Error parsing text SAM file. CIGAR should have zero elements for unmapped read.;

                I am getting about 30 of these errors among my 39mil reads. Presumably because of the LENIENT flag, the program finishes with a decent sized bam. Is it ok?

                Is this fixed in the bwa-0.7.5a and picard-1.94 combo??

                Comment

                • ymc
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 496

                  #23
                  Interesting. With bwa-0.7.5a and picard-1.94 combo, CIGAR errors are gone but MAPQ errors remain.

                  Comment

                  • vishnuamaram
                    Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 41

                    #24
                    Hey guys,

                    Truly use VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT OR SILENT. when u run most of the picard commands.

                    That will definitely help. I am experiencing it personally.

                    Good luck ahead to all NGS data analysing friends.

                    Regards,
                    Vishnu.

                    Comment

                    • Naarkhoo
                      Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 11

                      #25
                      Yes, it complains less ! but because we shut it down ; It does not necessarily solve the issue. So I would like to add, watch out the output when you are walking with VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT OR SILENT

                      Comment

                      Latest Articles

                      Collapse

                      • SEQadmin2
                        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                        by SEQadmin2


                        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                        ...
                        Yesterday, 10:25 AM
                      • SEQadmin2
                        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                        by SEQadmin2




                        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

                      ad_right_rmr

                      Collapse

                      News

                      Collapse

                      Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
                      0 responses
                      9 views
                      0 reactions
                      Last Post SEQadmin2  
                      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
                      0 responses
                      31 views
                      0 reactions
                      Last Post SEQadmin2  
                      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
                      0 responses
                      27 views
                      0 reactions
                      Last Post SEQadmin2  
                      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
                      1 response
                      47 views
                      0 reactions
                      Last Post pekgio
                      by pekgio
                       
                      Working...