Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • choishingwan
    Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 21

    #1

    Problem with DESeq2 replaceOutliersWithTrimmedMean

    Hi there,

    I am currently using DESeq2 and have found some NA values in the p-values. From previous post, it was suggested that it is because of a 0 counts in all sample (therefore missing) and because of the Cook's filtering. In the previous version of DESeq2, we can switch off the filtering using nbinomWaldTest(dds, cooksCutoff=FALSE) and this function was gone it the current version. Upon reading the manual, I was found that I can use the function: replaceOutliersWithTrimmedMean to try and get a p-value instead of NA out of DESeq2. However, I've got the following error message:

    Error in matrix(rep(trimBaseMean, ncol(dds)), ncol = dds) :
    non-numeric matrix extent


    Will it has something to do with the warning message I've got from estimateDispersions(dds)?

    gene-wise dispersion estimates
    mean-dispersion relationship
    final dispersion estimates
    Warning messages:
    1: In log(ifelse(y == 0, 1, y/mu)) : NaNs produced
    2: step size truncated due to divergence

    (I have also applied the cqn normalization to my data.)

    Thank you.


    My session information
    R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
    Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)

    attached base packages:
    [1] parallel splines stats graphics grDevices utils datasets
    [8] methods base

    other attached packages:
    [1] SPIA_2.14.0 KEGGgraph_1.20.0 graph_1.40.1
    [4] XML_3.98-1.1 edgeR_3.4.2 limma_3.18.7
    [7] DESeq2_1.2.8 RcppArmadillo_0.4.000 Rcpp_0.10.6
    [10] GenomicRanges_1.14.4 XVector_0.2.0 IRanges_1.20.6
    [13] BiocGenerics_0.8.0 cqn_1.8.0 quantreg_5.05
    [16] SparseM_1.03 preprocessCore_1.24.0 nor1mix_1.1-4
    [19] mclust_4.2

    loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
    [1] annotate_1.40.0 AnnotationDbi_1.24.0 Biobase_2.22.0
    [4] DBI_0.2-7 genefilter_1.44.0 grid_3.0.2
    [7] lattice_0.20-24 locfit_1.5-9.1 RColorBrewer_1.0-5
    [10] RSQLite_0.11.4 stats4_3.0.2 survival_2.37-4
    [13] tools_3.0.2 xtable_1.7-1
  • Michael Love
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 333

    #2
    hi,

    Thanks for reporting this. This looks like a simple bug to fix. I will test this and if possible push a new release today.

    Mike

    Comment

    • choishingwan
      Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 21

      #3
      Thank you Michael, looking forward to the update

      Comment

      • Michael Love
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 333

        #4
        I was able to reproduce, and then fix, this bug. I pushed this fix to v1.2.9 now. It should appear in 1-2 days on Bioc.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Yesterday, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
        0 responses
        7 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        31 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        26 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...