Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maasha,
    This looks really promising! I'd be keen to see examples for creating biopieces with C++ and/or Python. I'm looking forward to slicing and dicing with biopieces, samtools, BEDTools, and EMBOSS. As ohoffman states, we may soon be close to a simple, well-documented shell for our day to day sausage grinding.

Keep it rolling!
    Aaron

Comment

@Aaron

The creation of new Biopieces is intended to be super easy! For now I only have documented how to create Biopieces in Perl as described here. Each Biopiece's "usage" information is written in Google's wiki format, and a specific Biopiece print_wiki renders the usage information nicely in console, and thus the usage information is independent of the programming language.

Unfortunately, I am not very strong in Ruby and C, also my Python and C++ is non-existent. Having said this, there do exists one Biopiece written in Python: lowercase_seq. You can browse the code here: http://code.google.com/p/biopieces/s...e_python/Cjung

I hope it is pretty self-explanatory to Python coders. I would love to have this polished and then add a "Howto create a Biopiece using Python" section to the docs.

Comment

Biopieces -> now in Ruby

I am glad to announce, that I finally got around to writing the first Biopieces (www.biopieces.org) using Ruby (http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/). I have managed to setup a way of writing Biopieces in Ruby that is more compact and robust compared to the Perl way. Biopiece record serialization (the parsing and emitting of records), option parsing and checking, record integrity checking, logging, and error handling is all abstracted away form the main code to the 'Biopieces' class. Thus a minimalistic Biopiece consists of code like this - and nothing more!:

Code:
        require 'biopieces'

casts = []
        casts << {:long=>'compress',:short=>'Z',:type=>'flag',:mandatory=>false,:default=>nil,:allowed=>nil,:disallowed=>nil}

bp = Biopieces.new

options = bp.parse(ARGV,casts)

bp.mktmpdir # create an optional temporary directory that is auto deleted.

bp.each_record do |record|
          # do something to each record (possibly according to the options). e.g.:
          record["SEQ"].upcase! if record.has_key? "SEQ"
          bp.puts record
        end
        Read more here: http://code.google.com/p/biopieces/w...ece_using_Ruby

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

Hello I'm working with small RNAs expressed in Glycine max. And I tried to install biopieces but I get stucked on the final part: the ~/.bashrc configuration and the creation of $BP_DATA, $BP_TMP, and $BP_LOG directories, when I use the mkdir command it says and opperand is missing.

I wonder if the sequences can be mapped against other than human genomes using biopieces.

I'm sorry if its not the right place to ask help, but I appreciate you help and thanks to Martin for sharing these tools.

Comment

Sure Biopieces can be used to analyze other genomes. Currently, I am only working with prokaryotes, but I have been working on human, mouse, drosophila, and yeast.

The "mapping" Biopieces mostly have an "indexing" Biopieces:

Code:
            read_fasta -i test.fna | create_bowtie_index -d my_dir -i my_index -x
            read_fasta -i test.fna | create_bwa_index -d my_dir -i my_index -x
            read_fasta -i test.fna | create_blast_index -d my_dir -i my_index -x
            read_fasta -i test.fna | create_vmatch_index -d my_dir -i my_index -x

etc ...
            And then a "search" Biopiece:

Code:
            read_fasta -i query.fna | bowtie_seq -i my_dir/my_index | write_bed -x
            read_fasta -i query.fna | bwa_seq -i my_dir/my_index | write_bed -x
            read_fasta -i query.fna | blast_seq -i my_dir/my_index | write_bed -x
            read_fasta -i query.fna | vmatch_seq -i my_dir/my_index | write_bed -x

etc ...
            There is also a Biopiece to format a file tree structure with indexes:

format_genome

And a Biopiece to show what genomes have been formatted:

list_genomes

These allow shortcuts to "search" Biopieces so you can use -g <my_genome> instead of -i <path_to_index>.

For your specific problems with installation I need more details - like a copy paste of the exact error. Possibly you need to run source ~/.bashrc before mkdir $BP_DATA $BP_TMP $BP_LOG. The right forum for support would be the Biopieces Google Group:

You need to apply for membership because I have had problems with @#%#$^ spammers.

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

Thank you I ran source ~/.bashrc and everything went ok.

I'm signing in on the Biopieces group..

Comment

I have took 2 hours to install biopieces and fail.

I think biopieces is too hard to install. The big problem is I do not know ruby and how to install gem and so on.

read_fasta
                <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require': no such file to load -- rubygems (LoadError)
                from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require'
                from <internal:gem_prelude>:167:in `load_full_rubygems_library'
                from <internal:gem_prelude>:217:in `try_activate'
                from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:32:in `rescue in require'
                from /env/ceph/home/jhuang/bin/biopieces/code_ruby/lib/maasha/biopieces.rb:27:in `<top (required)>'
                from ~/bin/biopieces/bp_bin/read_fasta:31:in `<main>'

bp_test
                Testing Perl version ... OK
                Testing required Perl module - "Inline": FAIL
                Try: perl -MCPAN -e 'install Inline'

Originally posted by maasha View Post
                www.biopieces.org

The Biopieces are a collection of bioinformatics tools that can be pieced together in a very easy and flexible manner to perform both simple and complex tasks. The Biopieces work on a data stream in such a way that the data stream can be passed through several different Biopieces, each performing one specific task: modifying or adding records to the data stream, creating plots, or uploading data to databases and web services. The Biopieces are executed in a command line environment where the data stream is initialized by specific Biopieces which read data from files, databases, or web services, and output records to the data stream that is passed to downstream Biopieces until the data stream is terminated at the end of the analysis as outlined below:

read_data | calculate_something | write_results

The following example demonstrates how a Solexa deep sequencing experiment can be analyzed – including removal of adaptor sequence, determining the number of unique sequences, mapping to a specified genome, and uploading the data to the UCSC genome browser for further analysis:

Code:
                read_solexa –i data.solexa |              #  Initialize data stream from a file. 
                remove_adaptor -a TCGTATGCC -m 2 |        #  Remove adaptor sequence allowing for 2 mismatches. 
                grab –e ‘ADAPTOR_POS > -1’ |              #  Get all entries where an adaptor sequence was found. 
                count_vals –k SEQ |                       #  Determine the occurrences of all sequences.  
                uniq_vals –k SEQ |                        #  Get all entries with a unique sequence. 
                merge_vals –k SEQ_NAME,SEQ_COUNT |        #  Append the sequence count to the sequence name. 
                vmatch_seq –g hg18 |                      #  Map the sequences to the Human genome using Vmatch. 
                upload_to_ucsc –d hg18 –t solexa_data –x  #  Upload the mapping results to the UCSC Genome Browser.
                The advantage of the Biopieces is that a user can easily solve simple and complex tasks without having any programming experience. Moreover, since the data format used to pass data between Biopieces is text based, different developers can quickly create new Biopieces in their favorite programming language - and all the Biopieces will maintain compatibility.

There are currently ~140 Biopieces.

Comment

@fabrice

I have tried to make the installation of Biopieces as painless as possible. The installation procedure is described here:

If you follow this step-by-step the installation should be done with in a couple of minutes. I am very open to suggestions on how to improve this procedure.

I see that you have run bp_test - which is good. Now, do as bp_test suggests:

Try: perl -MCPAN -e 'install Inline'

Mind you that it is not really an option to write an installer since this would have to deal with the installation of Perl, Ruby, Python, and required modules as well as a bunch of 3rd party tools ...

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

bp_test
                    Testing required Perl module - "Inline": OK
                    Testing required Perl module - "JSON::XS": OK
                    Testing required Perl module - "SVG": OK
                    Testing required Perl module - "Bit::Vector": OK
                    Testing required Perl module - "Time::HiRes": OK
                    Testing Ruby version ... OK
                    Testing required Ruby gem - "gnuplot": `~/bin/biopieces/bp_test/lib/test.sh: line 160: gem: command not found
                    FAIL
                    Try: gem install gnuplot

Install a bunch of 3rd party tools is pain.

@fabrice

I have tried to make the installation of Biopieces as painless as possible. The installation procedure is described here:

If you follow this step-by-step the installation should be done with in a couple of minutes. I am very open to suggestions on how to improve this procedure.

I see that you have run bp_test - which is good. Now, do as bp_test suggests:

Mind you that it is not really an option to write an installer since this would have to deal with the installation of Perl, Ruby, Python, and required modules as well as a bunch of 3rd party tools ...

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

gem install gnuplot
                      -bash: gem: command not found

When I download rubygems-1.8.7 and try to install. There are problem.
                      bin/ruby/rubygems-1.8.7$ ruby setup.rb
                      Segmentation fault

bp_test
                      Testing required Ruby gem - "gnuplot": OK
                      Testing required Ruby gem - "narray": FAIL
                      Try: gem install narray

gem install narray
                      Building native extensions. This could take a while...
                      sh: line 1: 17222 Segmentation fault ~/bin/ruby/bin/ruby extconf.rb 2>&1
                      ERROR: Error installing narray:
                      ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

~/bin/ruby/bin/ruby extconf.rb

Gem files will remain installed in ~/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/narray-0.5.9.9 for inspection.
                      Results logged to ~/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/narray-0.5.9.9/src/gem_make.out
                      Last edited by fabrice; 08-07-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

@fabrice,

Ruby comes with a number of tools including a program called "gem" for installing third party modules. Your "gem" program does not appear to be in path. That is an issue with your Ruby installation. You can manually locate the "gem" program and add to $PATH.

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

When I download rubygems-1.8.7 and try to install. There are problem.
                          bin/ruby/rubygems-1.8.7$ ruby setup.rb
                          Segmentation fault

So I just set ~/bin/ruby/rubygems-1.8.7/bin into the $PATH. Now for install gnuplot is OK. But for narray, it no.

bp_test
                          Testing required Ruby gem - "narray": FAIL
                          Try: gem install narray

gem install narray
                          Building native extensions. This could take a while...
                          sh: line 1: 17222 Segmentation fault ~/bin/ruby/bin/ruby extconf.rb 2>&1
                          ERROR: Error installing narray:
                          ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

~/bin/ruby/bin/ruby extconf.rb

Gem files will remain installed in ~/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/narray-0.5.9.9 for inspection.
                          Results logged to ~/bin/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/narray-0.5.9.9/src/gem_make.out

@fabrice,

Ruby comes with a number of tools including a program called "gem" for installing third party modules. Your "gem" program does not appear to be in path. That is an issue with your Ruby installation. You can manually locate the "gem" program and add to $PATH.

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

It appears that you are mixing two versions of Ruby -> 1.8.7 and a 1.9.x version. We need the 1.9.x one. You don't have to download rubygem - it comes with Ruby 1.9.x. What do the following commands give?

which ruby
                            ruby --version
                            which gem
                            gem --version

Cheers

Martin

Comment

Testing required Ruby gem - "narray": OK
                              Testing auxiliary program - "blastall": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "blat": OK
                              Testing auxiliary program - "bwa": OK
                              Testing auxiliary program - "bowtie": OK
                              Testing auxiliary program - "formatdb": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "gnuplot": OK
                              Testing auxiliary program - "idba": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "muscle": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "mummer": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "mysql": OK
                              Testing auxiliary program - "prodigal": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "Ray": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "scan_for_matches": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "uclust": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "velveth": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "velvetg": WARNING
                              Testing auxiliary program - "vmatch": WARNING
                              Testing add_ident -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/add_ident.in -O $BP_TMP/add_ident.out ... OK
                              Testing add_ident -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/add_ident.in -k CUSTOM_KEY -O $BP_TMP/add_ident.out ... OK
                              Testing add_ident -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/add_ident.in -p PREFIX -O $BP_TMP/add_ident.out ... OK
                              Testing add_ident -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/add_ident.in -o 5 -O $BP_TMP/add_ident.out ... OK
                              Testing align_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/align_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/align_seq.out ... FAIL
                              Testing analyze_assembly -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/analyze_assembly.in -O $BP_TMP/analyze_assembly.out ... OK
                              Testing analyze_assembly -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/analyze_assembly.in -o $BP_TMP/analyze_assembly.out -x ... OK
                              Testing analyze_gc -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/analyze_gc.in -O $BP_TMP/analyze_gc.out ... OK
                              Testing analyze_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/analyze_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/analyze_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing analyze_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/analyze_vals.in -o $BP_TMP/analyze_vals.out -x ... OK
                              Testing analyze_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/analyze_vals.in -k V0 -o $BP_TMP/analyze_vals.out -x ... OK
                              Testing analyze_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/analyze_vals.in -K V0 -o $BP_TMP/analyze_vals.out -x ... OK
                              Testing bin_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/bin_vals.in -k V0 -O $BP_TMP/bin_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing bin_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/bin_vals.in -k V0 -b 5 -O $BP_TMP/bin_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing blast_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq.in.2 -d $BP_TMP/test_tmp/nucleotide -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq.in.2 -d $BP_TMP/test_tmp/protein -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq.in.4 -d $BP_TMP/test_tmp/nucleotide -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq.in.4 -d $BP_TMP/test_tmp/protein -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq.in.2 -d $BP_TMP/test_tmp/nucleotide -p tblastx -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq_pair -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq_pair.in.1 -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq_pair.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq_pair -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq_pair.in.2 -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq_pair.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq_pair -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq_pair.in.3 -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq_pair.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq_pair -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq_pair.in.4 -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq_pair.out ... FAIL
                              Testing blast_seq_pair -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/blast_seq_pair.in.1 -p tblastx -O $BP_TMP/blast_seq_pair.out ... FAIL
                              Testing calc_N50 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/calc_N50.in -O $BP_TMP/calc_N50.out ... OK
                              Testing calc_N50 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/calc_N50.in -o $BP_TMP/calc_N50.out -x ... OK
                              Testing calc_bit_scores -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/calc_bit_scores.in -O $BP_TMP/calc_bit_scores.out ... OK
                              Testing cat_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/cat_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/cat_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing cat_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/cat_seq.in -x -O $BP_TMP/cat_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing cat_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/cat_seq.in -s Foobar -O $BP_TMP/cat_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing clip_adaptor -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/clip_adaptor.in -O $BP_TMP/clip_adaptor.out ... OK
                              Testing clip_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/clip_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/clip_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing complement_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/complement_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/complement_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing create_blast_index -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/create_blast_index.in.1 -d $BP_TMP/test_tmp -i 'index' -x ... FAIL
                              Testing create_blast_index -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/create_blast_index.in.2 -d $BP_TMP/test_tmp -i 'index' -x ... FAIL
                              Testing digest_seq -p GGATCC -c 1 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/digest_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/digest_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing digest_seq -p GGACTT -c 1 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/digest_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/digest_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing digest_seq -p GGATCC -c 1000 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/digest_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/digest_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing digest_seq -p GGATCC -c -1000 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/digest_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/digest_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing find_adaptor -a TCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG -m 0 -i 0 -d 0 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_adaptor.in -O $BP_TMP/find_adaptor.out ... FAIL
                              Testing find_adaptor -a TCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG -m 0 -i 0 -d 0 -p -l 5 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_adaptor.in -O $BP_TMP/find_adaptor.out ... FAIL
                              Testing find_adaptor -a TCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG -m 10 -i 0 -d 0 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_adaptor.in -O $BP_TMP/find_adaptor.out ... FAIL
                              Testing find_adaptor -a TCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG -m 0 -i 10 -d 0 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_adaptor.in -O $BP_TMP/find_adaptor.out ... FAIL
                              Testing find_adaptor -a TCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG -m 0 -i 0 -d 10 -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_adaptor.in -O $BP_TMP/find_adaptor.out ... FAIL
                              Testing find_gaps -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_gaps.in -O $BP_TMP/find_gaps.out ... OK
                              Testing find_gaps -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_gaps.in -m 3 -O $BP_TMP/find_gaps.out ... OK
                              Testing find_homopolymers -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_homopolymers.in -O $BP_TMP/find_homopolymers.out ... OK
                              Testing find_homopolymers -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_homopolymers.in -m 3 -O $BP_TMP/find_homopolymers.out ... OK
                              Testing find_mids -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_mids.in.1 -p 4 -O $BP_TMP/find_mids.out ... OK
                              Testing find_mids -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/find_mids.in.2 -O $BP_TMP/find_mids.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -p SEQ -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -p SEQ,COUNT -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -P ~/bin/biopieces/bp_test/in/grab.in.pat -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -p SEQ -i -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -p SEQ -K -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -p SEQ -V -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -p SEQ -k PAT -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -r a -k SEQ -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -r a -k SEQ -c -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing grab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/grab.in -e 'SEQ_LEN<10' -O $BP_TMP/grab.out ... OK
                              Testing join_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/join_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/join_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing kmer_freq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/kmer_freq.in -O $BP_TMP/kmer_freq.out ... OK
                              Testing kmer_freq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/kmer_freq.in -s 2 -O $BP_TMP/kmer_freq.out ... OK
                              Testing kmer_freq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/kmer_freq.in -s 2 -t rna -O $BP_TMP/kmer_freq.out ... OK
                              Testing kmer_freq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/kmer_freq.in -s 2 -t protein -O $BP_TMP/kmer_freq.out ... OK
                              Testing length_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/length_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/length_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing length_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/length_vals.in -k V0,V1 -O $BP_TMP/length_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing lowercase_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/lowercase_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/lowercase_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing mask_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/mask_seq.in -c 0 -O $BP_TMP/mask_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing max_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/max_vals.in -k V1,V2 -o $BP_TMP/max_vals.out -x ... OK
                              Testing max_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/max_vals.in -l V3 -O $BP_TMP/max_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing mean_scores -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/mean_scores.in -O $BP_TMP/mean_scores.out ... OK
                              Testing mean_scores -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/mean_scores.in -l -O $BP_TMP/mean_scores.out ... OK
                              Testing mean_scores -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/mean_scores.in -l -m 2 -O $BP_TMP/mean_scores.out ... OK
                              Testing mean_scores -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/mean_scores.in -l -m 2 -w 10 -O $BP_TMP/mean_scores.out ... OK
                              Testing mean_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/mean_vals.in -k V1,V2 -o $BP_TMP/mean_vals.out -x ... OK
                              Testing mean_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/mean_vals.in -l V3 -O $BP_TMP/mean_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing median_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/median_vals.in -k V1,V2 -o $BP_TMP/median_vals.out -x ... OK
                              Testing median_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/median_vals.in -l V3 -O $BP_TMP/median_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing min_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/min_vals.in -k V1,V2 -o $BP_TMP/min_vals.out -x ... OK
                              Testing min_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/min_vals.in -l V3 -O $BP_TMP/min_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing order_pairs -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/order_pairs.in -O $BP_TMP/order_pairs.out ... OK
                              Testing plot_distribution -k SEQ_LEN -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/plot_distribution.in -o $BP_TMP/plot_distribution.out -x ... FAIL
                              Testing read_454 -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_454.in -q ~/bin/biopieces/bp_test/in/read_454.in.qual -O $BP_TMP/read_454.out ... OK
                              Testing read_454 -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_454.in.gz -q ~/bin/biopieces/bp_test/in/read_454.in.qual.gz -O $BP_TMP/read_454.out ... OK
                              Testing read_454 -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_454.in -q ~/bin/biopieces/bp_test/in/read_454.in.qual -n 1 -O $BP_TMP/read_454.out ... OK
                              Testing read_blast_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_blast_tab.in -O $BP_TMP/read_blast_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_blast_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_blast_tab.in -n 1 -O $BP_TMP/read_blast_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_fasta -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_fasta.in -O $BP_TMP/read_fasta.out ... OK
                              Testing read_fasta -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_fasta.in.gz -O $BP_TMP/read_fasta.out ... OK
                              Testing read_fasta -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_fasta.in -n 1 -O $BP_TMP/read_fasta.out ... OK
                              Testing read_fastq -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_fastq.in -O $BP_TMP/read_fastq.out ... OK
                              Testing read_fastq -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_fastq.in.gz -O $BP_TMP/read_fastq.out ... OK
                              Testing read_fastq -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_fastq.in -n 1 -O $BP_TMP/read_fastq.out ... OK
                              Testing read_fastq -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_fastq.in -n 1 -s -O $BP_TMP/read_fastq.out ... OK
                              Testing read_genbank -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_genbank.in -O $BP_TMP/read_genbank.out ... OK
                              Testing read_genbank -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_genbank.in.gz -O $BP_TMP/read_genbank.out ... OK
                              Testing read_genbank -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_genbank.in -k AC -O $BP_TMP/read_genbank.out ... OK
                              Testing read_genbank -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_genbank.in -k AC -f CDS -O $BP_TMP/read_genbank.out ... OK
                              Testing read_genbank -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_genbank.in -k AC -f CDS -q translation -O $BP_TMP/read_genbank.out ... OK
                              Testing read_sff -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_sff.in -O $BP_TMP/read_sff.out ... OK
                              Testing read_sff -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_sff.in -n 1 -O $BP_TMP/read_sff.out ... OK
                              Testing read_sff -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_sff.in -n 1 -m -O $BP_TMP/read_sff.out ... OK
                              Testing read_sff -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_sff.in -n 1 -c -O $BP_TMP/read_sff.out ... OK
                              Testing read_solexa -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_solexa.in -O $BP_TMP/read_solexa.out ... OK
                              Testing read_solexa -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_solexa.in -n 1 -O $BP_TMP/read_solexa.out ... OK
                              Testing read_solexa -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_solexa.in -c -O $BP_TMP/read_solexa.out ... OK
                              Testing read_solexa -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_solexa.in -s -O $BP_TMP/read_solexa.out ... OK
                              Testing read_solexa -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_solexa.in -s -C 30 -O $BP_TMP/read_solexa.out ... OK
                              Testing read_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_tab.in.1 -O $BP_TMP/read_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_tab.in.1 -s 1 -O $BP_TMP/read_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_tab.in.1 -s 1 -k ORGANISM,SEQ,COUNT -O $BP_TMP/read_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_tab.in.1 -s 1 -c 2,1 -O $BP_TMP/read_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_tab.in.1 -s 1 -c 2,1 -k COUNT,SEQ -O $BP_TMP/read_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_tab.in.2 -O $BP_TMP/read_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_tab.in.2 -n 1 -O $BP_TMP/read_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing read_tab -i $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/read_tab.in.3 -d ';' -O $BP_TMP/read_tab.out ... OK
                              Testing remove_indels -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/remove_indels.in -O $BP_TMP/remove_indels.out ... OK
                              Testing remove_keys -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/remove_keys.in -k SEQ_NAME,SEQ -O $BP_TMP/remove_keys.out ... OK
                              Testing remove_mids -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/remove_mids.in -O $BP_TMP/remove_mids.out ... OK
                              Testing remove_mids -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/remove_mids.in -p 4 -O $BP_TMP/remove_mids.out ... OK
                              Testing rename_keys -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/rename_keys.in -k SEQ,FOO -O $BP_TMP/rename_keys.out ... OK
                              Testing reverse_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/reverse_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/reverse_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing scores_to_dec -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/scores_to_dec.in -O $BP_TMP/scores_to_dec.out ... OK
                              Testing shred_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/shred_seq.in -s 18 -c 2 -O $BP_TMP/shred_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing sort_records -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/sort_records.in -k SEQ_LEN -O $BP_TMP/sort_records.out ... OK
                              Testing sort_records -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/sort_records.in -k SEQ_LENn -O $BP_TMP/sort_records.out ... OK
                              Testing sort_records -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/sort_records.in -k SEQ_LEN -r -O $BP_TMP/sort_records.out ... OK
                              Testing sum_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/sum_vals.in -k V1,V2 -o $BP_TMP/sum_vals.out -x ... OK
                              Testing sum_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/sum_vals.in -l V3 -O $BP_TMP/sum_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing swapcase_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/swapcase_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/swapcase_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing translate_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/translate_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/translate_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing translate_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/translate_seq.in -f '1,-1' -O $BP_TMP/translate_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing transliterate_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/transliterate_seq.in -s 'N' -r 'A' -O $BP_TMP/transliterate_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing transliterate_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/transliterate_seq.in -d 'N' -O $BP_TMP/transliterate_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing transliterate_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/transliterate_vals.in -k SEQ -s A -r n -O $BP_TMP/transliterate_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing transliterate_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/transliterate_vals.in -k SEQ_NAME -d Tt -O $BP_TMP/transliterate_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing uniq_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/uniq_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/uniq_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing uniq_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/uniq_seq.in -c -O $BP_TMP/uniq_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing uniq_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/uniq_vals.in -k SEQ -O $BP_TMP/uniq_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing uniq_vals -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/uniq_vals.in -k SEQ -i -O $BP_TMP/uniq_vals.out ... OK
                              Testing uppercase_seq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/uppercase_seq.in -O $BP_TMP/uppercase_seq.out ... OK
                              Testing write_blast -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_blast.in -o $BP_TMP/write_blast.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_blast -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_blast.in -c -o $BP_TMP/write_blast.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_blast -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_blast.in -Z -o $BP_TMP/write_blast.out.gz -x ... OK
                              Testing write_fasta -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_fasta.in -o $BP_TMP/write_fasta.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_fasta -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_fasta.in -w 4 -o $BP_TMP/write_fasta.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_fasta -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_fasta.in -w 4 -Z -o $BP_TMP/write_fasta.out.gz -x ... OK
                              Testing write_fastq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_fastq.in -o $BP_TMP/write_fastq.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_fastq -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_fastq.in -Z -o $BP_TMP/write_fastq.out.gz -x ... OK
                              Testing write_tab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_tab.in -o $BP_TMP/write_tab.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_tab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_tab.in -c -o $BP_TMP/write_tab.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_tab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_tab.in -d ',' -o $BP_TMP/write_tab.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_tab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_tab.in -Z -o $BP_TMP/write_tab.out.gz -x ... OK
                              Testing write_tab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_tab.in -k 'Count' -o $BP_TMP/write_tab.out -x ... OK
                              Testing write_tab -I $BP_DIR/bp_test/in/write_tab.in -K 'Count' -o $BP_TMP/write_tab.out -x ... OK
                              Biopieces tested: 63 Tests run: 182 OK: 151 FAIL: 19 WARNING: 12 Time: 32 secs

Comment

For analyze_gc, Biopiece do like this:
                                gc%=(g+c)/(a+c+g+t+N)

Can we do like this:
                                gc%=(g+c)/(a+c+g+t)
                                Not count N.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                                0 responses