Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aloliveira
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 47

    #1

    Isoforms and downstream analysis

    Hello,

    I am very new in this transcriptome field and I have one question concerning the downstream analysis. I already assembled all my data, and now I'm preparing the data to the downstream analysis. I want to perform phylogenomics analysis, phylogenetic analysis with certain families of genes, comparative transcriptome analysis, and also functionally characterize all my transcriptomes. So, my initial question is:

    For phylogenomics, phylogenetics, functional annotation is needed to pick just one isoform per component (gene)? I think to many isoforms could inflate the results (and I don't even know if the isoforms are real, or derived from sequencing errors, even that I performed a very aggressive filtering step). So, would be a good idea make a transcript quantification with RSEM and pick only the most abundant transcript per component based on some statistics? For example, fpkm?

    I think I need to decide this question at this point, because it is crucial for the next steps. Thanks in advance,

    Best regards,
    André
  • mchizar
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2014
    • 8

    #2
    ArrayStar software provides both "gene level" and "isoform level" analysis of RNA-Seq assemblies and generates RPKM values at both annotation levels. This software provides a nice UI and is designed for people with limited bioinformatics experience. THere are free demos, too.

    Comment

    Latest Articles

    Collapse

    • SEQadmin2
      New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
      by SEQadmin2


      Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

      We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
      ...
      09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
    • SEQadmin2
      How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
      by SEQadmin2




      The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

      This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
      09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

    ad_right_rmr

    Collapse

    News

    Collapse

    Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
    0 responses
    13 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
    0 responses
    37 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
    0 responses
    28 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post SEQadmin2  
    Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    48 views
    0 reactions
    Last Post pekgio
    by pekgio
     
    Working...