Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NGS_New_User
    Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 41

    #1

    Problem running bedtools (fastFromBed)

    Hi Everyone!
    I have a gff file of the drosophila r5.48 genome, and the corresponding all chromosome fasta files.
    I want to extract the DNA sequences into a fasta file based on the coordinates from the gff file. I have tried using the command 'fastaFromBed' using bedtools, and it starts running well, but then suddenly stops saying that it is "unable to find FASTA index entry for '2L'"
    Can anyone please help me out on what I might be doing wrong?

    The command I am using is:
    fastaFromBed -fi dmel_all_chr.fa -bed dmel_all.gff -fo out.fa

    I will appreciate any ideas and/or suggestions
  • TiborNagy
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 329

    #2
    I think there is a record in your GFF that contains a contig name that can not be found in your FASTA file. Remove this record.

    Comment

    • NGS_New_User
      Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 41

      #3
      Thanks, I will try to look for it

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      24 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      46 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
      1 response
      55 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...