Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nekrut
    replied
    Originally posted by maubp View Post
    Looks very impressive

    I have one suggestion for enhancement: Right now, users would have to provide their Roche 454 data already as FASTA+QUAL or merged into FASTQ. One feature that should be fairly straightforward to add would be SFF to Sanger FASTQ (or SFF to FASTA, SFF to QUAL). I'd suggest looking at sff_extract for this (also in Python), which can handle paired end 454 data too.

    Peter
    Dear Peter:

    Yes, this is on the to do list, and since we have 454s here this will be happening soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • thinkRNA
    replied
    Originally posted by lh3 View Post
    I guess bwa's solid support was too buggy at the time of developing galaxy. It should become better now. For solid, I think it is important to include bfast as perm/bowtie do not do gapped alignment. Bwa does gapped alignment for SOLiD, but not as good as bfast. Now I think gapped alignment is crucial to accurate variant discovery, more important than I thought before. Several other publications have already emphasized this point.

    Are you talking about splice-variant discovery or snp discovery? I am guessing its the latter.

    Leave a comment:


  • lh3
    replied
    I guess bwa's solid support was too buggy at the time of developing galaxy. It should become better now. For solid, I think it is important to include bfast as perm/bowtie do not do gapped alignment. Bwa does gapped alignment for SOLiD, but not as good as bfast. Now I think gapped alignment is crucial to accurate variant discovery, more important than I thought before. Several other publications have already emphasized this point.

    Leave a comment:


  • maubp
    replied
    Looks very impressive

    I have one suggestion for enhancement: Right now, users would have to provide their Roche 454 data already as FASTA+QUAL or merged into FASTQ. One feature that should be fairly straightforward to add would be SFF to Sanger FASTQ (or SFF to FASTA, SFF to QUAL). I'd suggest looking at sff_extract for this (also in Python), which can handle paired end 454 data too.

    Peter

    Leave a comment:


  • KevinLam
    replied
    Is it a typo that BWA doesn't support SOLID or does Galaxy have no support for BWA on SOLID reads?

    forgot to add I am blown away by the movies too.
    Last edited by KevinLam; 03-23-2010, 01:51 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • dawe
    replied
    Originally posted by nekrut View Post
    Those who want to contribute tools, brains, or coding skills should consider attending the Galaxy Developer Conference (http://www.galaxyproject.org/dev2010) by e-mailing us ([email protected]). We might sponsor your participation!
    See you there!

    Leave a comment:


  • thinkRNA
    replied
    This is simply mind-blowing and must be a lot of work. I love the videos. Now, I can think of at least 5 companies that are going to be put out of business because they are charging 1000s of $ for this service.
    Are you all thinking about including other analysis tools into Galaxy like cufflinks software suite, Degseq and Eland/Erange, other R statistical packages in the near future (if so,by when?)
    Last edited by thinkRNA; 03-22-2010, 10:58 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ECO
    replied
    This is amazing by the way. If there is anything the site or community can do to support this effort, don't hesitate to let me/us know.

    Galaxy =

    Leave a comment:


  • Free & Open Environment for NGS analysis: Galaxy (http://usegalaxy.org)

    The Galaxy team is announcing the launch of the first free public resource for NGS analysis at http://usegalaxy.org. This service is the beginning of our campaign to provide free web-based utilities for NGS analysis that later in the year will take advantage of Cloud resources (see http://bit.ly/aMUkpo).

    At present there are three main groups of tools including (you can find them in the left pane of http://usegalaxy.org):

    1. NGS QC and manipulation - contains a variety of tools for dealing with all flavors of fastq datasets as well as outputs of SOLiD and 454 instruments.
    2. NGS Mapping - currently includes bowtie (Illumina & SOLiD), BWA (Illumina), and lastz (454) mappers. PerM (SOLiD) is on the way and more will be added in the coming months. Transcriptome tools (e.g., top-hat) are also in the final stages of development.
    3. NGS SAMTools - includes a variety of utilities for SAM/BAM manipulation. Some are based on the samtools library, some are written by the Galaxy team.

    The Galaxy team does not like to read documentation and expects that others don't either. This is why we make short movies called quickies. To see what Galaxy can do, see these:

    Example 1 - mapping mate-paired SOLiD data
    Example 2 - mapping SOLiD (or Illumina) data against a custom genome
    Example 3 - mapping paired-end Illumina run and visualizing results at the UCSC Browser

    Enjoy and send us feedback!

    Those who want to contribute tools, brains, or coding skills should consider attending the Galaxy Developer Conference (http://www.galaxyproject.org/dev2010; Cold Spring Harbor Lab; immediately after the Biology of Genomes) by e-mailing us ([email protected]). We might sponsor your participation!

    This free service is brought you by NIH (NHGRI), NSF, the Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences and the Institute for CyberScience at Penn State University, Emory University and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Health.
    Last edited by nekrut; 03-24-2010, 06:10 AM. Reason: small corrections

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
45 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...