1 is the lane, 2782 the x coordinate, 993 the y-coordinate, etc.. There's no standard for read names, you could name them anything you want (in fact, they could all be the same if you wanted).
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
hmm I guess that depends on the version of illumina reads..I haven't seen five numerical...so I got confuse!!!Originally posted by dpryan View Post1 is the lane, 2782 the x coordinate, 993 the y-coordinate, etc.. There's no standard for read names, you could name them anything you want (in fact, they could all be the same if you wanted).
but it means this is fastq format that's for sure..
Comment
-
http://www.biostars.org/p/911/Originally posted by ron128 View PostDear Sir/Madam, I have no clue as to what platform was used for sequencing this data. The only thing which has been told to me is that this data is from NIH3T3 cell lines :/ the sequencing company has shut up shop and unfortunately there is no way to be sure about this. I already tried using the phred64 option in prinseq, but I was getting the same error which says that the input file is not in fastq format. Thanks for your thoughts on this
may be this will help
Comment
-
Thanks a ton for this! I tried solexaQA as well, but guess whatOriginally posted by paa6 View Posthttp://www.biostars.org/p/911/
may be this will help
another weird error
I have written in to solexaQA mailing list. awaiting a response.
Well I cannot know for certain whether the file is corrupt. My intuition is that it is not corrupt, as i can open the file perfectly fine in a text editor like emacs or vi.
Comment
-
Dear Mr Ryan, Thanks a ton for all your insights. I am trying to run the grep command and see if it is what you are suggesting. I should have some insights by tomorrow upon greping the data, once i get access to my server. thanks a ton! I will post back tomorrow what i get for this data.Originally posted by dpryan View PostActually, this is somewhere between illumina 1.4 and 1.7, since the multiplex tag is included. I should also mention that it's lane 5, not 1 (it's tile 1). I'm used to seeing the 1101+ tile numbers from the hiseq...
Comment
-
The mystery Deepens
@ Mr Ryan: Tried what you suggested. Turns out it IS pre 1.8
Tried out solexa QA as well. Returns Casava 1.3 as the pipeline used for generating the data.
Now here is where things start to get intriguing. I managed to run fastqc on this data, which is now telling me in the report that Casava 1.5 was used for generating the data. It is differing with the solexaQA. might be a minor difference between the 1.3 and 1.5 which both the tools are not able to pick up. What intrigues me is that, I still cannot run this stupid data using bowtie (which is format independant) OR Bwa. ANd the data is not corrupt, because I have managed to run fastqc. I am looking at a few things in here. WIll keep everyone posted. Is there a website someone knows where I can host these reads? Gdrive maybe? or is there something NGS specific? I am thinking this is a great dataset for ppl troubleshooting NGS programs and wanting to learn about NGS in general, to get started working upon
Comment
-
Google drive, dropbox, copy.com, there are a few option out there for sharing bigger files. What sort of error do you get when you run bowtie? It has an option to tell it how the phred scores were encoded (and anyway, one could always change them with a simple script).
Comment
-
For a bit more understanding of the different FASTQ formats, have a look at the Wikipedia page:
The example sequence in that section looks pretty close to your format.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
44 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment