Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 454ContigGraph.txt

The 454ContigGraph.txt file output by the GS assembler is exactly the kind of information I am looking for. However, I could not tell from the Roche manual how to visualize the results. Any suggestions?

There is detailed introduction in the Version2.3's manual:
    Genome Sequencer FLX System Software Manual Part C: GS De Novo Assembler – GS Reference Mapper – SFF Tools
    1.15.1.12 454ContigGraph.txt

After you run a cDNA aseembly project, look at the actual file and read the manual. It is clear and easy to understand.

Comment

You are referring to this manual file, right?

There is a decription of the "first section" of 454ContigGraph.txt containing the average depth of the alignment per contig. But for the "second section" containing connections between contigs they only describe the lines starting with "C" not the ones starting with "I" or with "F". Does anyone know where I can find a description for these parts of the "second section"?

And does anyone know a way to visualize (parts of) this graph structure?

Thanks

Comment

Yes. It is that manual.

In my file, there are "S" and "I" starting instead of "F" and "I".

Here is an example:
        S 1 3694 618:+;561:-;560:+;82:-;711:-;500:+

I 164 AGAGGCTTAgggtttttCATCCAATCaaacAGTGCCAGACCACGGTTACACAACAGAACCGATGGCCTCAGCCGGTAACAGGATGGATACCAacagggtgg
        I 502 GC 301:875-3'..855-3';6:970-5'..855-3';2867:971-5'..855-3';5:972-5'..855-3'

Couldn't find the explantation from the manual. I think programmer from 454 can explain this.

Comment

Originally posted by seqseq View Post
          And does anyone know a way to visualize (parts of) this graph structure?

Thanks
          You may develop a program to visualize this.
          I am thinking of doing this... who else is interested?

Comment

I don't know if it is correct but what i suppose looking at my 454ContigGraph-file:

S isotig-id isotig-length contigs_in_isotig(with direction +/-)

I contig_id consenus_sequence coverage-depth:contigs_surrounding_the contig (???) (leading zeros in the contig_id are discarded: 1 = contig00001)

As I'm very unsure about the last entry in the "I-rows" I still don't have a clue why this entry is missing sometimes...
            Last edited by dschika; 03-29-2010, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I got the following explanation:

I: reads 'flowing through' the contig, i.e. reads that start in a neighboring contig, flow through the contig, and end in another neighbor again. In the example:

I 502 GC 301:875-3'..855-3';6:970-5'..855-3';2867:971-5'..855-3';5:972-5'..855-3'

310 reads start in contig 875, flow out it's 3' end, into the 5' of the contig you are looking at (502), out of it again at the 3', and into the 3' of contig 855. The '..' kind of represents the contig in question from 5' to 3'.

In this case, the large number of reads flowing through (301, 6, 2867 and 5, respectively) and the short sequence ('GC') point to a tandem repeat/microsat. All reads go into contig 855, which perhaps is high depth and short also?

Comment

I just posted an entry on the 454ContigGraph.txt file on my blog about newbler:

The single file I’ll discuss today has in fact almost the entire assembly in it, besides the actual sequences (although even some of these are also included, see below). As explained in my first po…

Cheers,

flxlex

Comment

Originally posted by flxlex View Post
                  I just posted an entry on the 454ContigGraph.txt file on my blog about newbler:

The single file I’ll discuss today has in fact almost the entire assembly in it, besides the actual sequences (although even some of these are also included, see below). As explained in my first po…

Cheers,

flxlex
                  Hi, that's a good one. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks. Quite a nice blog on technical details.

Comment

Visualizing 454contiggraph.txt files

Originally posted by linikujp View Post
                      You may develop a program to visualize this.
                      I am thinking of doing this... who else is interested?
                      I would be very interested in this. You see displays of this at AGBT/other meetings but I have not seen any tools to display this very useful information. I'm not a programmer, so this would be someone else's bag but would love the tool!

Comment

Originally posted by henry.gibbons View Post
                        I would be very interested in this. You see displays of this at AGBT/other meetings but I have not seen any tools to display this very useful information. I'm not a programmer, so this would be someone else's bag but would love the tool!
                        For anyone finding this old thread, I wrote a program to do just this.

I posted it at this address:

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        0 responses