Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • willemate
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 9

    #1

    annotate ID after using DESeq

    Hi everyone!

    I have my rnaseq topTable below. And I would like to add a column with an alias code. The ID code in the topTable is the ORF code and I would like to add a alias code and predicted function to my data. Does anyone know what the best way of doing this is?

    > write.csv( res.combined, file="rnaseq.topTable.csv" )
    > res.combined[1:5,]
    ID mean.d0 mean.d1 mean.d3 mean.d6 FC.d1-d0 FC.d3-d0 FC.d6-d0
    1 An01g00010 22.56114 91.74978 91.6181 101.3439 4.0667164 4.0608797 4.4919670
    2 An01g00020 59.12810 157.12747 186.8015 195.0879 2.6574079 3.1592673 3.2994108
    3 An01g00030 2496.49429 877.02756 1232.1749 1349.5057 0.3513037 0.4935621 0.5405603
    4 An01g00040 1697.34332 1329.64879 1256.3100 1336.8125 0.7833706 0.7401626 0.7875911
    5 An01g00050 8234.36186 940.63154 1322.0219 1385.3169 0.1142325 0.1605494 0.1682361
    logFC.d1-d0 logFC.d3-d0 logFC.d6-d0 pval.d1-d0 pval.d3-d0 pval.d6-d0 qval.d1-d0
    1 2.0238644 2.0217923 2.1673473 5.947051e-07 6.311527e-07 7.022009e-08 1.547561e-06
    2 1.4100197 1.6595900 1.7222084 4.491603e-06 5.141473e-08 1.880176e-08 1.079539e-05
    3 -1.5092095 -1.0186965 -0.8874725 1.772232e-15 5.512175e-08 1.864615e-06 8.577393e-15
    4 -0.3522332 -0.4340859 -0.3444813 6.577599e-02 2.044133e-02 6.936071e-02 9.494206e-02
    5 -3.1299552 -2.6389108 -2.5714408 4.471197e-59 4.230865e-44 5.274404e-42 1.569486e-57
    qval.d3-d0 qval.d6-d0
    1 1.815415e-06 2.052575e-07
    2 1.632608e-07 5.782136e-08
    3 1.746078e-07 4.783620e-06
    4 3.341204e-02 9.971601e-02
    5 9.841654e-43 1.024172e-40


    Excel file with needed info from an article:

    ORF code Alias Code Predicted function
    An01g00010 An00g03020 hypothetical protein [truncated ORF]
    An01g00020 An00g13235 weak similarity to nucleotide binding protein phnN - Escherichia coli
    An01g00030 An00g08601 strong similarity to Hgh1 - Saccharomyces cerevisiae
    An01g00040 An00g07028 strong similarity to alpha subunit of transcription initiation factor TFIIF Tfg1 - Saccharomyces cerevisiae [truncated ORF]
    An01g00050 An00g04204 similarity to fatty-acyl-CoA synthase beta chain Fas1 - Saccharomyces cerevisiae [truncated ORF]


    Thank you!
  • dpryan
    Devon Ryan
    • Jul 2011
    • 3478

    #2
    Presumably you have access to information relating your ORFs to their predicted functions (otherwise, you get to make such a file). You can then load that and use "match()" to match the IDs and descriptions (technically, you match the IDs in both and the result is a vector of indices that you can use to resort the descriptions to then match your ORFs).

    Comment

    • willemate
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2014
      • 9

      #3
      Thanks, I think I understand what you are saying, but I already have a file that relates the ORF to the function (see excel file above). I need to link that file to the ORFs in the other file...But I dont really now much about the match function. I guess I use the base package?

      Comment

      • dpryan
        Devon Ryan
        • Jul 2011
        • 3478

        #4
        Ah, I guess I hadn't fully realised that that was an Excel file that you already had. Assuming the excel file has been saved as a tsv (tab separated values) file called "foo.tsv":

        Code:
        anno <- read.delim("foo.tsv", header=T)
        m <- match(res.combined$ID, anno$ORF)
        res.combined$AliasCode <- anno$Alias.Code #I think it'll be called that
        res.combined$PredFunc <- anno$Predicted.Function #Or whatever it gets called
        Something like that should work. The match() function is pretty handy.

        Comment

        • willemate
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2014
          • 9

          #5
          I think that should work yes, thanks. But I cant get hold of that file. it is a xls file but i cant safe it as tab delimited or download it as other than a worksheet. I also tried to make my own file..

          You can find the file here. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-21...380/additional
          additional file 1

          Comment

          • dpryan
            Devon Ryan
            • Jul 2011
            • 3478

            #6
            I've attached the information from supplemental figure 1 as a tab separated value text file (it's gzipped so the forum will allow it).
            Attached Files

            Comment

            • Jeremy
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 190

              #7
              lets assume that table with the annotation is called "annot" and it has the comumn with the An01g00010 entries also called "ID" the you want:
              Code:
              New <- merge(res.combined,annot,by="ID",all.x=T,sort=F)
              edit:
              Oh I see it is called "ORF code"
              Code:
              New <- merge(res.combined,annot,by.x="ID",by.y="ORF code",all.x=T,sort=F)
              Last edited by Jeremy; 04-02-2014, 07:33 PM.

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Yesterday, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              29 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              24 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              46 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
              1 response
              55 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...