No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem in variant calling with rna-seq

hi all,
    i have a question about my problem in rna-seq with my sample.
    i have 25 different sample from 25 human and i sequence them by rna-seq to find variant calling by Tophat,mpileup and VarScan.
    My result is also good when some sample's SNP are found on dbSNP, but i have a problem when some sample have SNP in intron region(many reads is mapping into this SNP, it 's not a noise), how can i explain this problem ? is it noise in sequencing or is there some mechanism intron region can come with mature mRNA in human ?

Thank you all.

The annotations are not completely correct, so perhaps the exon/intron boundary is incorrect, or there is a previously unknown gene or exon there. Furthermore, some mutations can break splice sites so that they are missed. RNA-seq data often has a few reads that will map to non-exonic areas, possibly for other reasons... but usually not many to the same location.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
      The annotations are not completely correct, so perhaps the exon/intron boundary is incorrect, or there is a previously unknown gene or exon there. Furthermore, some mutations can break splice sites so that they are missed. RNA-seq data often has a few reads that will map to non-exonic areas, possibly for other reasons... but usually not many to the same location.
      i think annotation which i had is correct (hg19 homo sapiens) and the % mapping of this snp is also high, but i will check your opinion about mutation because my mRNA is oncogene (cancer)

Comment

Originally posted by bongbimit View Post
        i think annotation which i had is correct (hg19 homo sapiens) and the % mapping of this snp is also high, but i will check your opinion about mutation because my mRNA is oncogene (cancer)
        I don't mean the annotation is "wrong", I just mean that it's neither complete nor perfect, just like the HG19 genome. And your note that the source is cancer does make the mutation theory more plausible.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
          by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
          05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
        • seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
        0 responses