Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bio_informatics
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 182

    #1

    download data from pfam

    Dear Forum members,
    I want to download the sequences or accession id from PFAM 7tm_1 for C. elegans.

    Please help me how do proceed with this?
    Bioinformaticscally calm
  • mastal
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 666

    #2
    Try UniProt

    UniProt is the world's leading high-quality, comprehensive and freely accessible resource of protein sequence and functional information.


    or BioMart.

    Comment

    • GenoMax
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 7142

      #3
      "7tm_1" Page: http://pfam.xfam.org/family/7tm_1

      Click on "species" on the left. Find the C. elegans in the sunburst. Attaching an image to point to the area where you will find C. elegans (2 o'clock).

      Once you select C. elegans, you can generate a file with fasta sequences by using the link in the "sunburst controls" panel (191 sequences).
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • bio_informatics
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2013
        • 182

        #4
        @Genomax: Wow. That is helpful. Thank you.
        I got the organism. It shows 191 sequences, correctly.
        When I click on generate Fasta file, it loads and further there is no activity.
        Am I doing something wrong?
        Last edited by bio_informatics; 05-09-2014, 06:50 PM.
        Bioinformaticscally calm

        Comment

        • GenoMax
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 7142

          #5
          Originally posted by bio_informatics View Post
          When I click on generate Fasta file, it loads and further there is no activity.
          Am I doing something wrong?
          You may need to allow pop-ups from the PFAM site, if you are using a blocker. I was able to download the file without any problems once I did that.

          Comment

          • bio_informatics
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2013
            • 182

            #6
            Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            You may need to allow pop-ups from the PFAM site, if you are using a blocker. I was able to download the file without any problems once I did that.
            some issue with Mozilla. Got it done with Chrome.

            Thank you once again.
            Bioinformaticscally calm

            Comment

            Latest Articles

            Collapse

            • SEQadmin2
              New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
              by SEQadmin2


              Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

              We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
              ...
              Yesterday, 10:25 AM
            • SEQadmin2
              How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
              by SEQadmin2




              The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

              This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
              09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

            ad_right_rmr

            Collapse

            News

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
            0 responses
            7 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
            0 responses
            31 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
            0 responses
            26 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post SEQadmin2  
            Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            47 views
            0 reactions
            Last Post pekgio
            by pekgio
             
            Working...