Is there a tool or script that can help identify false positives from a BAM file? Thanks.
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
We use Ion Torrent PGM sequencing and use the aligned hg19 BAM in NextGene. I know that TVC is better at removing false positive variants, presumably because it has access to the SFF file and which contain signal values in flow space and a mapping between sequence. Is there a preferred or optimal way to asses MAPQ in the BMA alignment? Thanks.Last edited by cmccabe; 08-25-2014, 06:07 AM.
Comment
-
I have contacted them and explained the issue. I am sure that future versions of the software will get better, but in the meantime I want to ensure that we are providing the best information possible. I am looking for some ideas from community members in developing a perl script to help address this. Some of the false positive calls have great PhreD scores (> 20), with good balance, so I am stumped. Thanks.
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
45 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
51 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment